Reunion 2016 - Official Details

Dates & Locations have been confirmed.
    Dates: September 23-25, 2016
    Location: Hoffman Estates (Chicago), IL [Yes, a Northern Yankee Reunion!]
    Friday: Get your kicks on Rt. 66
    Saturday: Show/Shine – Buona Beef
    Sunday: Auto-x participation with the Chicago Region SCCA

Registration
    Q: How can you put your name on the participant list?
    A: PM the SVOCA the following format;
    Name/Car Info (year & color) for show card registration
    Autocross: Yes or No
    Reunion Entry: SVOCA Members: FREE - Non-Members: $30 (includes 1 year of SVOCA membership)

Host Hotel
    Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago/Hoffman Estates
    2825 Greenspoint Parkway, Hoffman Estates, Illinois, 60169
    P: 847-882-4301
    W: http://hamptoninn3.hilton.com/en/hot...MHX/index.html
    Google Map: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ha...2db4f45e?hl=en
    We have a block of rooms covering 9/22-9/26 at a rate of $79/night (plus taxes) for either a single King or Double Standard rooms. When calling to reserve a room, please mention that you are reserving under the “SVO Club of America” block of rooms to not only get the noted rate, but also check off the room from our block. They will try and get you in a 1st or 2nd floor room with a parking lot view to keep an eye on your SVO if you request it.

Friday (9/23)
    We will visit a few Rt.66 focused spots and even drive part of the original route.

Show/Shine (9/24)
    Due to some scheduling issues, we are mixing things up a bit this year and will have our show within a local show! Don't worry, we are still having our own SVOCA activities/voting/raffle prizes, just at a different venue. Plan is to leave SVO Central at 9am to head out to the event, so plan accordingly. You don't have to worry about being separated from our group at the show, we will reserve spots for all that are attending.

Auto-X (9/25)
    We will be participating with the Chicago Region SCCA at their Event #6, which will be held in the parking lot of the Route 66 Raceway. The size of the lot there allows for a pretty high speed course (i.e.- no Miata type course layout). You will register online with the CRSCCA for this event, but NOT YET! We are working on a deal to have our own SVO class and should have updates in late April. Here is a link to some videos from a friend that used to run with the CRSCCA @ Rt66. The courses are all pretty similar, but you can get the idea of how ‘open’ the courses are with the speed shown on his telemetry. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...00236F99166735

General
    This Reunion location is in the NW suburbs of Chicago, right off of I-90 and Barrington roads, so it is easy to access and get almost anywhere in the Chicagoland area. There are a bunch of local shopping and eating establishments. We here at the SVOCA will do our best to make this an enjoyable Reunion for all and hope not only to see some familiar faces, but also make some new friends as well!
    Last edited by svono50; 09-18-2016 at 10:39 PM.
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

4 PSI Boost
    SVO's: 84 2A
    I would like to try t attend the reunion this year after not being able to attend for a few years. When will the additional info be available?
    Mark Miller
    SVOCA Member # 441
    84 2A Cloth Original 22.5K Miles

SVO's: 86 1C
    Mark, thanx for asking and hope you can make it out. I have been running around a lot this summer and been a bit slack on updating the details. Nothing chiseled in stone yet, but I do have some updated info.

I had picked out a couple of activities for Friday, but after thinking about it for a few weeks, I am not 100% happy with the original direction I was headed in. I am gathering up some new ideas and will get something nailed down mid-August. Trust me, it will be something 'fun' for us to be doing as a group!

I have picked out a venue for the show on Saturday, just need to finalize the event with the hosting location and DJ, so we aren't sitting in silence. The spot is in virtual walking distance to SVO Central and has some great Chicago style food!

I am still in contact with the auto-x director of the CRSCCA and he is excited to see a group of SVO's come out to the September event. He is all for putting us in our own separate class, but needs to finalize the details with the rest of his Board of Directors. He still feels we don't need to pre-register just yet as the September event apparently never fills up due to being later in the season. As soon as he can get that laid out and finalized I will update on that.

I do have to mention that the block of rooms at the Hampton Inn will be closing on 8/18, so if you are planning on attending or thinking of attending, PLEASE get your reservations in sooner than later to guarantee a room and the rate noted above!

If anyone has any questions/concerns/comments feel free to post here or send me a PM.
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

Well folks, I haven't forgotten about y'all! Additional event details are in the top post for Friday and Saturday's activities. I will be posting a section of local info next and can always answer any questions you may have of the local Reunion area. Hope to see you soon.
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

There are all kinds of attractions/activities near SVO Central and in the general area (this is kind of a large metro area after all). Here is just a small list of attractions/areas family members can hit during the Reunion if they don’t want to hang out with the rest of us car nuts with distances from SVO Central. If you have any questions at all, just post up or send me a PM.

FOOD/SUPPLIES:
    • Jewel/Target/Walmart (food & other supplies)
    • ~3.5 miles
    • Binny’s Beverage Depot (high octane beverages)
    • ~3.7 miles
    • Mobil & Shell (high octane 100 unleaded gas)
    • Mobil = $7.94/gal & Shell = $7.30/gal
    • 0.5 miles & 5.2 miles respectively
    • Gino’s East & Georgio’s (Chicago style deep dish/thin crust pizza respectively)
    • Portillo’s (Chicago style hot dogs, beef, ribs, salads in retro style)
    • 3.9 miles

SHOPPING:
    • Woodfield Shopping Mall (one of the largest in the country)/Streets of Woodfield Mall
    • ~6.5 miles
    • The Arboretum of South Barrington (nice outdoor mall)
    • 2.5 miles
    • Geneva (lots of unique shops)
    • ~20 miles
    • Outlet Malls (Aurora & Rosemont)
    • The Magnificent Mile (Michigan Ave in Downtown Chicago)
    • 32 miles

ATTRACTIONS:
    • Legoland (for the kids of course)
    • ~6.5 miles
    • Downtown Chicago/Navy Pier/Museum Campus
    • ~32 miles
    • Brookfield Zoo/Lincoln Park Zoo
    • Frank Lloyd Wright Home & Studio/Oak Park
    • 30 miles
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

Hey, just a friendly reminder that the SVOCA block of rooms at the Hampton Inn & Suites will be released to the general public after tomorrow (8/18)! So, if you haven't booked your room yet, better not delay any longer to guarantee the rate along with a room. There are still a couple left in the block. Good luck and see you soon!
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

News flash...the hotel has extended the block of rooms/special rate out till 8/23!!

While they still do have room availability outside our block, the room rates are $20-30 per night HIGHER outside our block rate. They suggested even if you are 'on the fence' whether you can make it to reserve a room at our rate and you have up until 24 hours prior to your scheduled arrival to cancel without any charges (i.e.- no harm, no foul). Hope some of you folks can take advantage of the extension.
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

SVO's: 84 1c
    I just got my svo going again. I would love to make it to this.

Quote Originally Posted by SR71-SVO View Post
    I just got my svo going again. I would love to make it to this.
    You aren't that far away, pack that beast and head on up!
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

SVO's: 84 1c
    Sure wish that i could,hopefully the next one will not be so far away.

SVO's: IIA2RIAS - 86 2R
    Hey everyone, I am coming up in the morning (Saturday) real early with my 12 yo son Cameron. won't be in the SVO but I hope to make it into a Father/Son kinda thing too. I was able to get a room at the hotel for Saturday night. I'd like to try to do Something with Cameron in Chicago sunday after noonish. I have the address to the hotel and the address to the car show set in my phone.
    86 2R: 14/NOV/1985 #7606 deSkittled in SEP 2003