SVO's: 86 1C

Thumbs up Sunday Auto-X Details Update

Ok, so my contact with the CRSCCA has now asked us to pre-register for the event. My guess is it will make it easier on them to get us set up and into our own class if we are in their system. We have been asked to register under the A-MOD class and they will take care of shifting us into our own unique class at the event. So this is the call to please go onto the Chicago Region SCCA site and pre-register for Event #6, link here:

http://scca-chicago.com/calendar/?mc_id=139

I just went through the registration process and it was pretty easy. First, you set up an account, chose a number and set up your 'garage' and input your vehicle info. From there you register and pay for the event ($38). If my memory serves me right, you will also need to purchase a weekend SCCA membership if you aren't an SCCA member already, but that will be at the event. You can go back to the registration page and look at the entrants, which you should now see yourself in the list. The A-modified class is listed down in the "Tire Limited" class down at the bottom with a "T-AM" code. You will see me on there.

If you are planning on running, please post in this thread, so we can get an idea of how many folks are joining in.
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

SVO's: 86 1E
    I am registered. Please note there is a list of numbers that are not used with a link. found it after trying all the number combos I had. Now I will be 473. Do we need the T-AM or not?
    Bruce

My contact asked that we register under the A-modified class, so they can easily identify us. When I filled out the vehicle info and selected the A-mod class, along with putting in my tires, it auto selected the T-AM designation. I wonder if you don't fill in your tire info that it simply sets you up as "AM", don't know. Not sure if it really matters, as they are going to reclass us anyway, but I am sure it will make things easier on them/us that morning. If you are set up under something else, I wouldn't fret about it, important thing is to register at this point.
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

4 PSI Boost
    SVO's: 84 2A
    I am registered.
    Mark Miller
    SVOCA Member # 441
    84 2A Cloth Original 22.5K Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Marks84SVO View Post
    I am registered.
    Excellent! It will be interesting to see how much attention we get with our cars, I know I get quite a bit whenever I attend local events like this.
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

I'm registered

SVO's: 86-1C & 86-1E
    I gotta get that done today
    Eric C
    SVOCA Webmaster

SVO's: '86 2R
    Quote Originally Posted by svono50 View Post
    Excellent! It will be interesting to see how much attention we get with our cars, I know I get quite a bit whenever I attend local events like this.
    It probably depends on what they're running there. I participated in an autocross for our Impala SS club meet up in Bowling Green. The host club was the Kentucky Region SCCA. One of the guys working the event autocrossed a Cosworth Vega!
    Gene Beaird,
    86 2R SVO, G Stock,
    Pearland, Texas

I have seen a lot of unique vehicles running at the local auto-x events. Most folks who run with the CRSCCA are very competitive, so you see a lot of highly prepped class vehicles. One guy used to run a 911 GT3 a couple of years ago, very exciting to see that thing carry the inside front wheel on EVERY corner exit, sometimes all the way to the next braking zone...blindingly fast! I know we are going to have some fun on Sunday.
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4