Thread: Auto-X Results

SVO's: 86-1C & 86-1E

Auto-X Results

Auto-X results are in .. FAST 4 are ---

Dave Schmitt 44.877
    Ted Schaefer 45.283
    Paul Becker 45.453
    Bruce Richards 45.483

that's some pretty close racing there, with only 0.032 between Paul and Bruce!!!
    Eric C
    SVOCA Webmaster

SVO's: 86 2R TTop, 84 1C,
    Congratulations to the Fast 4.

I'm amazed I did as well as I did with 17 year old race tires....time for me to get off the stick and buy some new ones, this event really amplified how hard those tires are...lol. The Chicago Region SCCA really have their act together and put on a great event and it was SO nice to have such a large open course instead of a tight Miata course as its most often the case with most SCCA groups. I found it interesting that there were actually very few Miatas in this group which was refreshing to see.

SVO's: 86 1C
    I think we all had a great time and the Chicago Region folks were certainly on point Sunday, as they usually are. Their courses at that venue are usually anything but Miata layout friendly and more geared toward larger/higher HP vehicles...like the grand touring suspension C-10 pickup! The announcer for the first session was really talking up our cars and club, which was really cool and certainly garnered a few extra folks to stop by our cars for a look and chat.

Last year Paul had a disconnected Watts link and this year it was 17 year old tires...I think I need to make sure he has a new unique one for next year...

Now I need to get my videos edited and posted up for folks to see what we are talking about, eh?
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

SVO's: 86 2R
    Wish I could have made it, count me in for next year. Thanks for the updates!!
    "If there's no plan, what can go wrong...?"

I expected to lose this year.....Ted has been harrassing me about my old tires for years...lol. I'm impressed I did as well as I did. Just wish I had more time for this during the year. Learned my lesson last year about pre race inspections EVERY time....but still was too stubborn for new tires....lol. Dave's Tires were like Glue.

SVO's: 86 1C
    Well, I got to my auto-x videos and compiled all 6 runs into a single vid. It is posted on my YouTube channel for anyone to look up or just go directly here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpsMnl2eAXc

You can see how a really open course can get you 'lost' out there trying to find the right gate. Even walking it a couple of times sometimes just doesn't get you there. You can see the weather starting to threaten us in the final 3 runs, especially the last one. Enjoy!
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

SVO's: 861c comp prep, 862r

congrats to fast 4

Living out of NJ, but working out of Green Bay, I was trying to swing a business trip to get me in the area. I have been on another 80 planes this year, been in Alablama, Georgia, South and North Carlolina in just past two weeks. Plans changed and I could not be there. Miss seeing everyone. Hopefully next year.

Congrats to the victors.

svodad