4 PSI Boost
    SVO's: 1984 SVO 9W

New owner of a 1984 SVO 9W

I registered here back in 2009 and never made a post. Well, since I have recently purchased an SVO, I figure it is time for me to introduce myself.

Last spring (2016) I purchased my first SVO. Its a 1984 Dark Charcoal Grey car. I ran a CarFax report on it and it looks like I am the 3rd owner. Unfortunately, it is a rebuilt title car. Which I was told was due to a theft recovery. The previous owner added a lot of aftermarket goodies to the car. Precision turbo, Gnari manifold, Precision wastegate, Stinger front mount intercooler, Aeromotive regulator and Aeromotive in-tank fuel pump. He told me the car made 251rwhp on a dyno.

The downfall, was that the engine had a rod knock. The car was still on stock injectors (30lb green tops), and I do not think he had it tuned (the stock TE ECU is still in the car and still sealed).

Unfortunately, the car has the wrong nose and hood on it (1985-1986 LX). I assume this was due to the theft recovery. The guy I got it from claimed the original owner still had the original parts, but the bumper cover was torn, and that is why the LX front end was fitted.

I already have the engine and transmission out of the car, and my hopes are to have it back on the road this summer (2017).
    Darren

1984 Mustang SVO - 9W - Dark Charcoal Gray

SVO's: 1986 7B
    That's awesome man! The good news is your in the right place ! Look forward to seeing the pictures.

Richard H. Franklin Jr
    Hayesville, NC
    1986 7B