Thread: MSD 6AL w tach adapter

SVO's: 86-1C & 86-1E

MSD 6AL w tach adapter

Anyone interested in a MSD 6al, with all the docs ??
    $125 for you guys, I'll dump it on ebay in bit if no one wants it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20170708_162137.jpg  
    Eric C
    SVOCA Webmaster

SVO's: '86 2R
    Eric,

Is that one unused? What's the P/N? We just recently had to replace the MSD on our C Prepared Firebird. The one we had had the external rev-limiter, while the NOS one we installed had the circuitry for the rev-limiter and 'pill' socket on the side, much like the one in the picture. Our original MSD is NLA, as is the one we just installed. Since it appears much of our 'crappy-runnings' we were getting out of the new LS1 seems to have come from the MSD, I want a spare, but if I do that, I'll have to get yet another updated unit that uses a plug-in harness, and is incompatible with the way the one we have is configured, so I'd need to purchase two.

Please let me know what the P/N is on the one you have, and if it's unused. I may be very interested. Thanks.
    Gene Beaird,
    86 2R SVO, G Stock,
    Pearland, Texas

SVO's: 86-1C & 86-1E
    Part number is 6420, and serial number is 671336
    It was bought for my 85.5, and that's where I removed it from. It was still mounted, but not hooked up.
    I found the receipt for the tach adapter, probably have the receipt for the 6al itself, but I've not found it yet (I have a big stack)
    the tach adapter was purchased 11/15/09

Since it's you, I'd be willing to send it (you pay shipping) and if it works for you, pay me, if not, send it back to me.
    Eric C
    SVOCA Webmaster

I think model 6420 is the right one. I need to see if I can wade out to the shop tomorrow (we had rain of Biblical proportions today) to see if I can verify. I don't seem to have a picture of it. If that's it, it'll be perfect.

I need to try to get out there to install te new drive side harnesses in the car anyway. Hopefully today's rains have cleaned out the atmosphere some b
    Gene Beaird,
    86 2R SVO, G Stock,
    Pearland, Texas

Eric,

P/N 6420 is what I have. What's total to 77581, and how do you prefer payment? Thank you.
    Gene Beaird,
    86 2R SVO, G Stock,
    Pearland, Texas