4 PSI Boost

Rack and pinion bushings

I have a 1984 svo with warn out rack and pinion bushings does anyone know where i can get replacement ones?(like a link to one?) i know there are two different kinds the split and the solid i just don't know which ones to get. also is this for the most part an easy project to replace them my self? thanks in advance and i would be fine with aftermarket bushings.

SVO's: 84 SVO 1C
    I replaced mine last winter, I also have 1984. They were Energy Suspension Part# 4.10102G. Seemingly design changed on 10/84 by Energy catalog, there is different part number for newer. Originals were solid rubber but these replacements were split, probably for easier installation. http://energysuspension.com/parts-search.html

Easy job when rack and pinion is off, remove old ones and replace with new ones
    Lauri

-84 Mustang SVO
    -88 Tbird Turbo Coupe

SVO's: 2 - 9Ls
    My 86 uses the split type bushings.
    Mike S

'86 SVO 9L Leather
    '86 SVO 9L Road Warrior
    '96 300ZXTT

SVO's: 86 1C
    The job isn't too complicated. Depends on whether you have the full solid or split bushings as to if you should pull the rack from the car. I remember doing mine in the car (86 model). I ran Energy Suspension poly bushings for many years and just moved to the solid bushings from Maximum Motorsports. Only reason for the move from poly to solid was that I had them and was curious how well the poly units held up. They looked brand new, FWIW after ~10 or so years of use. Not sure if I kept them or not, if so I would offer to send them off to you. Let me check and see.
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4