Thread: wing supports?

wing supports?

Hello all

Not really a tech question, but is there a current source for the upper bi-wing supports? I tried sending a p.m. to the guy in the FAQ thread who had offered them in the past, but it looks like he hasn't been online here for awhile. Also did an eBay search with no success.

thanks,
    Ed N.

SVO's: 86-1C & 86-1E
    Stinger has a set he sells. I'm not aware of anyone else currently making them.
    Eric C
    SVOCA Webmaster

SVO's: 86 1C X2
    I saved this from someone/somewhere that you could make your own. (If the attachment works)
    Attached Files Attached Files

SVO's: 86 1C
    Attachment works, no issues there. I remember that template, been a long time since I saw it for sure. Just remember that when you print it, select "Actual size" from the Adobe print window, otherwise you will end up with a slightly small version of the support.
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

SVO's: 86-1C & 86-1E
    doing it in wood looks 'EHH', I've seen them done in plexiglass, and it looks pretty cool.
    Eric C
    SVOCA Webmaster

Thanks guys. Didn't realize that was something Stinger was offering, I had browsed around a bit on that site but had not seen those.

If I can come up with an easy source for some plexi I may give that a go, but I definitely need to get something on there soon.

SVO's: '86 2R
    Quote Originally Posted by SVOeric View Post
    Stinger has a set he sells. I'm not aware of anyone else currently making them.
    Hmm, where? I didn't trip over the listing on his web site. Although we have the hatch latch adjusted so all I have to do is press down lightly on the hatch to get it to lock, with all that fiberglass and repro parts back there, it would be nice to have a little extra support. Thanks.

EDIT: NM, found it. It's on their universal parts page.
    Last edited by gbeaird; 08-15-2017 at 05:18 PM.
    Gene Beaird,
    86 2R SVO, G Stock,
    Pearland, Texas

Same here Gene, I had to look around a bit before I found them. Emailed today and got a quick response from Shannon.

SVO's: '86 2R
    Yeah, I have a pair of the ones made from Lexan, but they were kind of klunky. They require a fair amount of finishing I also have, somewhere, a set sold by 'Chris?' many years ago that we're made from brass bits, had double-stick tape on the glass end, and rubber bumpers on the wing end. The tape was okay, but the bumpers kept compressing and eroding. They soon were removed. I may try this third iteration to see how they hold up.
    Gene Beaird,
    86 2R SVO, G Stock,
    Pearland, Texas

SVO's: 84 U3
    I have a couple of the supports. One set is the adjustable ones and is new and I have a used plexi glass one that I purchase of ebay years ago. It worked fine. PM me if interested. Mike

Quote Originally Posted by fast Ed View Post
    Thanks guys. Didn't realize that was something Stinger was offering, I had browsed around a bit on that site but had not seen those.

If I can come up with an easy source for some plexi I may give that a go, but I definitely need to get something on there soon.
    PETRO EXPRESS=CITGO=BOYCOTT / Illinois - Taxation w/o Representation!

Thanks for the offer Mike. Unfortunately I clicked the button to do the online order from Stinger about 11:00 pm last night, should have waited I guess!
    84 SVO 1E, option delete 11/83 prod.
    95 Jaguar XJR, also boosted

SVO's: '84 9W
    I used that template and made them from an old bug guard from a truck. Doubled them up and used double sided tape on the glass to hold them in place. The bi wing just rests on them.