Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SVO's: 86 1C
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt C View Post
    I have several BFH's for massaging purposes. I ordered those M&M pieces along with a new rag joint, sway bar bushings and end links as they were starting to rot a bit. That will be a good start. The shocks work okay but are near the end of their lives. I have the fronts and rears on full stiff and the ride is still very compliant.

Quick question: Why are the old threads all closed? Is that just for newbies?

Edit: Hey I got 4psi of boost now! hehe.
    No BFH needed for the 'adjustment' on the 4-pt, I just used a small adjustable wrench to fold the edge down a bit (see below).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	K-member - Passenger_Rear_Flange Clearance_03.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	107.8 KB 
ID:	45867 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	K-member - Passenger_Rear_Flange Clearance_01.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	128.6 KB 
ID:	45868
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

SVO's: '86 2R
    Quote Originally Posted by svono50 View Post
    I can say their 4-pt brace bolts in without any real issues, not sure about their sub-frames as I am running the Kenny Brown double-cross connectors, which are welded in. Only issue I had with the 4-pt brace was the curled edges of the K-member had to be flattened out a bit for clearance, nothing unique to the SVO.
    Not finding many pictures of that 4-point installed, but could one save money by using the factory Turbo Coupe rear k-member brace? It fits without any issues.

But yeah, these things flex about as much as a 3rd Gen F-body, so SFCs will be very useful! And yes, as Mike said, there are several resto-mod cars here. Our 86 is one (although it's in perpetual 'project' mode). Welcome!
    Gene Beaird,
    86 2R SVO, G Stock,
    Pearland, Texas

SVO's: 86 1C
    Quote Originally Posted by gbeaird View Post
    Not finding many pictures of that 4-point installed, but could one save money by using the factory Turbo Coupe rear k-member brace? It fits without any issues.
    <snip>
    Interesting Gene, here are a couple more for ya then! Any brace under there could help, you are trying to keep the rear a-arm suspension points from squeezing in when cornering, if there is a factory part that could be used for cheap, then why not. The MM piece was reasonable in price and was one of the easiest mods to install.

Name:	K-member - Top_01.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	147.8 KB 
ID:	45869 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	K-member - Installed_01.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	119.3 KB 
ID:	45870
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

4 PSI Boost
    Interesting regarding the Turbo Coupe brace. I searched but could not find a picture. Does it fit the front K or rear K on the Fox platform. The MM brace went in without much issue. I had to elongate one of the rear holes to get the 5\8 bolt through. I also replaced the rag joint with the popular Dorman (aka Help!) piece. Next up is sub-frame connectors, sway bar bushes and end links. I am also ordering new Koni shocks. The others are not acceptable even on full firm. I can compress the front by hand without issue and it cycles, albeit it slightly, more than once. I like the progressive H&R springs from what I have read. Ugh. This hod rod virus is unrelenting!
    1985 SVO
    1986-045 Saleen Mustang Griggs GR40, 408W RDI aluminum block, AFR 205, T56
    1999 BMW M Coupe

I guess I should get a picture so that can be recorded here. But yes, the TC brace keeps the back of the K-member from flexing inward under braking and cornering maneuvers. It's a direct bolt-on, and if you pull one off a TC in a junk yard, grabbing the bolt and j-nut make it a 5-minute install. No one would ever know it didn't come from the factory that way.
    Gene Beaird,
    86 2R SVO, G Stock,
    Pearland, Texas

12 PSI Boost
    The aftermarket 2-point crossmember braces, which would fit and function similarly to the factory TC brace, can usually be found pretty cheap too. I got an unused one from a local Mustang club member for $40 and put that on recently.

cheers
    Ed
    84 SVO 1E, option delete 11/83 production
    95 Jaguar XJR -- also a boosted car!

Quote Originally Posted by gbeaird View Post
    I guess I should get a picture so that can be recorded here. But yes, the TC brace keeps the back of the K-member from flexing inward under braking and cornering maneuvers. It's a direct bolt-on, and if you pull one off a TC in a junk yard, grabbing the bolt and j-nut make it a 5-minute install. No one would ever know it didn't come from the factory that way.
    Since I was spending a little quality time with the car this weekend, I got the front end up on ramps (to investigate some sort of oil leak), and got a picture of the TC K-member brace:

Name:	TC K-member brace 1.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	209.8 KB 
ID:	45878

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic, and the really nasty underside of the car. One of the projects that didn't get done this last week was to get the car out, pull the radiator, and really start cleaning things up in the front of the engine bay and underside. That didn't happen........
    Gene Beaird,
    86 2R SVO, G Stock,
    Pearland, Texas