4 PSI Boost

Removal of rocker panel molding

Trying to remove the right side spat on my SVO so I can repair it (cracked) and noticed there is a mounting screw for the spat that is located right behind the rocker panel molding. Not crazy about removing this molding since I'm guessing I'll destroy a few of the clips holding it on. Searched the web and couldn't find replacement clips in the event I do snap any of them. Has anybody removed this specific molding that can give some advice? Not finding anything on the web either. Thanks

SVO's: 86 1C
    The lower rocker molding is held on with plastic clips all the way from the spat to the front fender. The front fender has a metal clip that's held on with a nut fastener on the back side of the lower fender. To get this not off, I believe you need to remove the front fender liner. Downward spiral.....

If you are only looking to get to the spat screw, you can pop off the molding off the plastic clips but leave the front most fastener on. Re-installation just requires you to "pop" the molding back on. I believe (its been a while) that you hook the molding on the top of the plastic clip and snap the bottom back on.

Make sense??? Good luck!
    86 SVO 1C

SVO's: '86 2R
    Quote Originally Posted by JTurbo View Post
    The lower rocker molding is held on with plastic clips all the way from the spat to the front fender. The front fender has a metal clip that's held on with a nut fastener on the back side of the lower fender. To get this not off, I believe you need to remove the front fender liner. Downward spiral.....

If you are only looking to get to the spat screw, you can pop off the molding off the plastic clips but leave the front most fastener on. Re-installation just requires you to "pop" the molding back on. I believe (its been a while) that you hook the molding on the top of the plastic clip and snap the bottom back on.

Make sense??? Good luck!
    That sounds about right. To pop it off, push downward on the molding and rotate the bottom off the plastic clip. Be careful, the clips are plastic, and the molding is aluminum. Going back on is the opposite operation. It's the front clip that's the PITA to work with, but you shouldn't have to go that far north.
    Gene Beaird,
    86 2R SVO, G Stock,
    Pearland, Texas