SVO's: 86 1C

86 Mustang 1C SVO Barrett-Jackson

Super low mile 86 from Dennis Collins (Gas Monkey Garage Fame) collection of Fox Mustangs for 2018:

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Event...ANG-SVO-214735

This is going across the auction block this Sunday (1/21/2018), so keep an eye open for what it goes for...NO RESERVE! Spotted the fact Dennis is selling another batch of Fox Mustangs at this year's BJ Auction in Scottsdale. This batch includes a 3124 mile 86 that appears to have been recently acquired by Dennis to flip based on some info I was able to dig up. Two owner car being Dennis and the original owner. Looks like it still wears the original Gatorbacks and is in pretty darn nice condition, as a 3124 mile vehicle should. Only gripe I have with the car is the dash panels have been re-flocked from the interior pic, but I am sure they turned 'funny' colors like mine did a couple of years ago.

I added it into the Registry if anyone is wondering, its second appearance in there.
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

SVO's: 84 U3
    Let's hope this year the sales of Dennis' "elite" Mustangs are legit. There was a lot of funny business last year and it was all over the net. I would hope the BJ was seeing what was going on and made aware of it too, so it doesn't happen again this year. We'll see.
    PETRO EXPRESS=CITGO=BOYCOTT / Illinois - Taxation w/o Representation!

SVO's: 86 1C X2
    The drivers side spat is missing also.

Spat was back on. For a 3200 mile SVO something was not right with the SVO emblems on the fenders. They looked to be centered which is NOT correct. Huge money at $30K and bidders seemed to be legit this year. His *** monkey partner wasn't even around during the auction of the collection.

SVO's: 86 2R CP 86 9L CP
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKESVO View Post
    For a 3200 mile SVO something was not right with the SVO emblems on the fenders. They looked to be centered which is NOT correct.
    Agree....

The prices on Dennis' Fox Mustangs last year did some really wanky price runs. I still haven't seen what this SVO went for, but hopefully it has found a good home.

As for the fender badges, it seems like they kind of 'float' on location, despite having a specific location from the factory (at least I would guess Ford had a location specified). Maybe someone removed them originally and the reinstalled them in the incorrect position?? There are (2) pics in the Registry from last January and from who may have been the original owner. The front 3/4 photo shows those fender badges in the same location as the BJ photos. It also shows a closeup of the speedo/odo with 3417 miles and the factory flocking scraped off (i.e.- mottled surface finish on the plastic dash panel). I completely missed the missing spat! The initial Registry pic also shows a missing spat. Being an 86, it likely disintegrated, which isn't uncommon. To me, anyway, it appears to be a legit low mile car, FWIW.
    Last edited by svono50; 01-21-2018 at 10:28 PM.
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

the well known PIA VIN guy Ken Potter's Avatar
    SVO's: 84,85,85.5,86x2
    This one has come up for discussion in the past. There are some areas on the car that might have been repainted / touched up. If I remember correctly the underside was a little crispy with surface rust.

6 PSI Boost
    Did the car seal how
    munch??$$$

See pic below, $33K large ones! All of Dennis' cars went for decently high numbers, kind of as expected. The 'drag special' '90 notchback capped the same $33K and the '93 Reef Blue 'vert w/340 miles on the odo popped for $53,900...yikes!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	227732_Sold.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	167.9 KB 
ID:	45907
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Potter View Post
    This one has come up for discussion in the past. There are some areas on the car that might have been repainted / touched up. If I remember correctly the underside was a little crispy with surface rust.
    If the car is indeed from Florida, how it was stored would be a very important fact. If near a coastal area, the salt in the air can be very nasty to most materials. The perimeter of the engine bay looks like it may have been undercoated (i.e.- rough, dull black).
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

Quote Originally Posted by svono50 View Post
    See pic below, $33K large ones! All of Dennis' cars went for decently high numbers, kind of as expected. The 'drag special' '90 notchback capped the same $33K and the '93 Reef Blue 'vert w/340 miles on the odo popped for $53,900...yikes!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	227732_Sold.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	167.9 KB 
ID:	45907

I was shocked to see what that '93 went for. It only had 340 miles however someone installed frame connectors and a strut tower brace on the car.

How about the triple white 'vert for just over $30k? While it was low mile, it had a Vortech supercharger backed with an AOD?!? Some prices just don't add up other than 'creative' marketing and a couple folks with money burning a hole in their pockets.
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

the well known PIA VIN guy Ken Potter's Avatar
    SVO's: 84,85,85.5,86x2
    Yep the days of just the people sitting in the audience doing the bidding is over. With both phone and internet bidding the validity of some bids is questionable at best.

SVO's: 86-1C & 86-1E
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKESVO View Post
    Let's hope this year the sales of Dennis' "elite" Mustangs are legit. There was a lot of funny business last year and it was all over the net. I would hope the BJ was seeing what was going on and made aware of it too, so it doesn't happen again this year. We'll see.
    BJ Wont care, long as they get their cut.
    Eric C
    SVOCA Webmaster

Yep, true Eric. Buyer and seller fees coming in on each vehicle sold.

Quote Originally Posted by SVOeric View Post
    BJ Wont care, long as they get their cut.