Thread: Ball joint replacement

SVO's: 86 1E

Ball joint replacement

Found this searching for pictures of BJ replacement projects from the past. I sent them an Email today and will see if this is a new option.

Bruce

http://fcrcmachine.com/rare-parts-re...inental-17065/
    Last edited by Bruce; 02-10-2018 at 09:21 AM.
    Bruce

SVO's: 86-1C & 86-1E
    yeah, let us know what you find out.
    Eric C
    SVOCA Webmaster

SVO's: 86 1C
    I think I remember seeing those a couple of years ago, but had forgotten about them. Possibly a good option for the folks that need replacements.
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

SVO's: '86 2R
    Any updates yet.
    Gene Beaird,
    86 2R SVO, G Stock,
    Pearland, Texas

Rare Parts Lower Control Arms

In all fairness I hijacked this from another site where I started the same thread.

Think they said Ball Joints were McKay Norris...Declined to give out specific part numbers as a lot of research goes into each piece they make.
    Further stated that they are well aware of tapers, orientation and many other things involved in absolute correct fitment. They create an engineering file on each and every piece that they offer for sale..
    The Ball Joint is a little more robust and beefier than the Napa # for S-N 95. Dust shield fits down over the pin and can be removed and replaced..Not wired or sealed in place. Threads and castilated nut are fine thread not coarse..Cost was about $740..Worth It!!
    Will try to attach a couple of pics..My skill sets in this dept are limited!!! They are a pleasure to deal with..Contact Glen Knowles @ Rare Parts

I could not be happier with this product...You have to start with a right and a left core. Any Questions
    Call Ken @ (214) 856 - 5124
    Last edited by Bruce; 03-10-2018 at 09:32 AM.
    Bruce

Pictures
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Control arm 2.jpg   Control arm 1.jpg   control arm 3.jpg  
    Last edited by Bruce; 03-10-2018 at 09:50 PM.
    Bruce

They are nice looking refurbishments, hopefully perform as well as they look.

I am guessing they don't touch the chassis side bushings in these, correct? If I do send mine in at some point, I would like to keep my poly setup with grease zerks.
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

Looks like those were replaced. (See picture above) I concur about that as I worked hard at putting my poly bushings in. I am sure you can work with them so as not to have them replaced. May even be a little less.
    Last edited by Bruce; 03-10-2018 at 09:51 PM.
    Bruce

Based on the fact that they seem to rebuild on an order-by-order business, I would think you could customize the order as necessary. Let us know how they work out for you.
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

SVO's: '86 2R
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    Rare Parts Lower Control Arms

In all fairness I hijacked this from another site where I started the same thread.

Think they said Ball Joints were McKay Norris...Declined to give out specific part numbers as a lot of research goes into each piece they make.
    Further stated that they are well aware of tapers, orientation and many other things involved in absolute correct fitment. They create an engineering file on each and every piece that they offer for sale..
    The Ball Joint is a little more robust and beefier than the Napa # for S-N 95. Dust shield fits down over the pin and can be removed and replaced..Not wired or sealed in place. Threads and castilated nut are fine thread not coarse..Cost was about $740..Worth It!!
    Will try to attach a couple of pics..My skill sets in this dept are limited!!! They are a pleasure to deal with..Contact Glen Knowles @ Rare Parts

I could not be happier with this product...You have to start with a right and a left core. Any Questions
    Call Ken @ (214) 856 - 5124
    It’s ‘McQuay-Norris’, but I digress. That company makes quality replacement parts.

Nice to know. I have a spare set of LCAs that I was really hoping to get new ball joints for.
    Gene Beaird,
    86 2R SVO, G Stock,
    Pearland, Texas

6 PSI Boost
    SVO's: 85 1/2 Black SVO
    Has anyone used this service yet? Have to do something with mine. They are very crusty!