SVO's: 86-1C & 86-1E

wow-- it keeps on ticking!

Over the last year, been working mainly on my black 85.5. My silver 86 made me angry, power steering had gone out, and the battery had been marginal (it was 10 years old)

So I parked it, to let it think about what it had done wrong ~ 8 months ago.

Went out today, changed a tire.. (friggin general tires, it broke a cord WHILE PARKED, and blew out the sidewall of the tire when it went).
    Yanked the old battery out, cleaned the terminals, threw the new battery in, jumped in the drivers seat, hit the key, and it fired before it had turned a quarter of a revolution.

Man, these things are tough when they want to be!!
    still gotta fix power steering.

Went for a 'warm-up' drive, the tires are crap, but man, it still runs great!

I may have to consider letting something go. I don't have the garage to keep them housed, and it's not good for them to sit outside this much.
    Eric C
    SVOCA Webmaster

SVO's: 86 1C
    Good deal Eric. My SVO sits outside 99% of the time. Covered in the winter (I try to keep the snow off as soon as I can).

I need to look into another garage....
    86 SVO 1C

What kind of cover are you using ? Maybe that would help. Everyone keeps trying to sell me these extremely thin ones, which are crap.
    Eric C
    SVOCA Webmaster

SVO's: 86 1C
    Eric, don't forget that a 'good' outdoor rated cover is usually NOT cheap. I have one that I got ~20 years ago, that I believe is an outdoor rated cover, you have likely seen it at the Reunions as I use it Friday nights. I now use it in the garage for winter storage. I believe it is a Kimberly-Clark Evolution III fabric if my memory serves me right. Taking a look on Covercraft's website shows a ton of options, including Sunbrella fabric. Even WeatherTech offers a Sunbrella fabric cover for less than Covercraft, which is surprising. Good luck on your hunt for a cover.
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

Not to bad from 40 feet
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20180523_161850.jpg  
    Eric C
    SVOCA Webmaster

SVO's: '86 2R
    We had a California Car Co. cover on our SVO for years when we kept it outside. I wasn’t concerned about the paint that much, since pieces had received some poor reprints in it’s dark past. Good thing, too. You can’t keep the covers from moving around much, dirt and moisture WILL get under them, and I don’t they protect from the sun that much. Exposure damage still happens, and that flapping cover will buff the finish right off.

The multi-layer ones will trap moisture, and provide the neighborhood rodents a nice place for date night, and a place to ‘couch surf’ until the youngins are old enough to enjoy their own date nights.

We we still use them, though, although they’re in a shop now. Still, you have to keep the hood up so the rodents don’t take up house keeping in the hood insulation.
    Gene Beaird,
    86 2R SVO, G Stock,
    Pearland, Texas

SVO's: 85 SVO Canyon Red
    If you have the space a costco carport can be beefed up easily enough. My 1st one is 10yrs old and I just set up a second one for my truck.
    85 SVO 2A 205rwhp & 266 pounds torque!
    SDS Found, FMIC Built, Dash pad triple gauge pod