Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    SVO's: 86-1C & 86-1E

OFFICIAL 2018 Reunion thread

FINALLY--
    Location -- Lexington KY
    SVOCA Reunion dates October 5-9

We will be posting a full route for Friday. -- With all the rain we have here this week, need to make sure flooding will not cause issues.

show is:
    SONIC -- 2633 Richmond Road, Lexington
    registration opens at 10:00
    show 11:00-3:00 (typically awards are ~2:00)

Auto-x
    -- all details will be posted when registration opens -- but location is close by, place called LFUCG PAD

LFUCG PAD

Pretty standard auto-X rules apply, but goes like this....

• 6:30 - 8:00am: SHOW UP AT SITE. Depending on what car preps you need to do
    • 7:30 - 9:00am: TECH INSPECTION AVAILABLE
    • 7:30 - 9:00am: PRE-REGISTRATION CHECK-IN
    • 8:15am: COURSE OPEN FOR WALKING
    • 9:10am (approx): GUIDED COURSE WALK FOR NOVICES
    • 9:30 - 10:00am: DRIVER'S MEETING AND RUN/WORK ASSIGNMENTS
    • 10:00am: FIRST CAR OFF
    • 10:00am - ?: ACTIVE HEATS. Most events run to 4-5pm depending on turnout.

HOTEL INFO BELOW!!!

Ok, hotel information below, whew, this was more of a challenge than expected for sure.

Courtyard by Marriott Lexington South/Hamburg Place
    1951 Pleasant Ridge Dr, Lexington, KY 40509
    (859) 263-9090

!!!Quick hotel update!!!

The remaining rooms from the SVOCA block have now been 'released' and the web link is now expired, so if you have not yet reserved a room you will need to make a call for your reservation. Apparently the folks at the front desk won't have any record or ability to give the SVOCA rate, but there is another option. You will need to get in touch with William O'Neil at 859-263-9979 (our Sales contact) and he can get you set up with the special nightly rates.

The SVOCA has secured a block of 10 rooms over the weekend period and rate that can be reserved either through the online link below or calling directly and mentioning the "SVO Club of America" group. If we exceed the 10 rooms, we will still get the noted rates, but those extra rooms won't be guaranteed to be available. The unreserved rooms will be released on Friday 9/28, so please reserve sooner than later!! I can't stress this enough, as they only had 24 unsold rooms outside of our block of rooms.

These details are going to sound a bit strange and complicated, but hang with me. We have 5 rooms for Thursday (10/4) consisting of 3 double bed & 2 single king rooms. We then expand up to 10 rooms for Friday (10/5) & Saturday (10/6) consisting of 7 double bed & 3 single king rooms. And back down to 5 rooms for Sunday (10/7) consisting of 3 double bed & 2 single king rooms. Room rates on Thursday & Sunday nights are $109/night and room rates on Friday & Saturday are $119/night. IT DOES NOT matter how many nights or in what combination you reserve your room, the nightly rate will be what is noted...you won't be penalized if you only come in for 2 nights. We tried to get as many double bed rooms as possible so folks can share a room to help defray some of the cost.

Here is the link to the online reservation:

http://www.marriott.com/meeting-even...&stop_mobi=yes

**Due to a software system limitation, the rate you will see when reserving online is $119/night all 4 nights. DO NOT PANIC!!! I have been assured multiple times, that you will only be charged $109/night if you reserve Thursday and/or Sunday night. I, myself, will be booking both of those nights, so I will certainly nobody gets charged incorrectly.

These rates are more than we usually have for the Reunion, but they are a far, far cry less than they could have been. Weekend rates were published at $198/night due to the opening weekend of the Keenland fall horse racing opening weekend event that is going on at the same time. Just our luck the local SCCA and Keenland's events lined up this year.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to post up here or drop me a PM. Hope to see you in a couple weeks!
    Last edited by svono50; 10-02-2018 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Updated hotel info
    Eric C
    SVOCA Webmaster

SVO's: 2 - 9Ls
    I'm in.
    Mike S

'86 SVO 9L Leather
    '86 SVO 9L Road Warrior
    '96 300ZXTT

hope to have hotel and registration open by the end of the week... but depends on how busy work is. Sorry I'm running late this year, but we have some good stuff planned.
    Eric C
    SVOCA Webmaster

SVO's: 85 1C
    Vacation days in!
    -Eric
    85 1C
    10 GT Premium
    01 Jeep Wrangler

4 PSI Boost
    SVO's: 84 2A
    I'm in. Will more info be coming soon?
    Mark Miller
    SVOCA Member # 441
    84 2A Cloth Original 22.5K Miles

YES -- Sorry, I've been out of the country for the last few weeks, took another week to get caught up... and I should be posting info on the hotel next week. I do apologize for the lack of info, but it will be coming soon !!!!
    Eric C
    SVOCA Webmaster

SVO's: 86 1E
    ?????
    Bruce

I'm out. Started a new gig Aug 15th. More $, 10 minutes from home, M-F 9-5. Better deal as far as work hours than the mobile Xray I was doing. But someone already had off for the Friday...
    -Eric
    85 1C
    10 GT Premium
    01 Jeep Wrangler

SVO's: 86 1C
    Quote Originally Posted by Erics SVO View Post
    I'm out. Started a new gig Aug 15th. More $, 10 minutes from home, M-F 9-5. Better deal as far as work hours than the mobile Xray I was doing. But someone already had off for the Friday...
    You still have Saturday and Sunday?? Either way, congrats on the new gig and good luck with it.
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

6 PSI Boost
    SVO's: 1986 work in progres
    I am new and from Canada is the reunion still on I am restoring a 86 svo and am looking for ideas

Quote Originally Posted by TheRetired1 View Post
    I am new and from Canada is the reunion still on I am restoring a 86 svo and am looking for ideas
    Yes, yes it is! Getting the hotel set up is like pulling hen's teeth for some reason this year, but Eric is diligently working on it. Friday will be a mini-Bourbon trail tour, Saturday and Sunday are still the usual show-n-shine and auto-x.
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

Quote Originally Posted by svono50 View Post
    You still have Saturday and Sunday?? Either way, congrats on the new gig and good luck with it.
    Eh, it is what it is. I couldn't pass this opportunity up. However, I'm not much for a cannonball run right after work, then the same to get home anymore (It's 8+ hours without traffic out there). I spent so much time looking at a windshield with my old mobile xray job... Too many pushed into late nights (early mornings), it's nice to get my life back again. It's my birthday weekend, I'm sure I can get into some shenanigans around here. Maybe I'll hit Ocean City for Fall cruise weekend.
    -Eric
    85 1C
    10 GT Premium
    01 Jeep Wrangler

well congratz! my birthday is the week after. October babies rule!!!

sucks you can't join us, but we all have responsibilities.
    Eric C
    SVOCA Webmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Erics SVO View Post
    Eh, it is what it is. I couldn't pass this opportunity up. However, I'm not much for a cannonball run right after work, then the same to get home anymore (It's 8+ hours without traffic out there). I spent so much time looking at a windshield with my old mobile xray job... Too many pushed into late nights (early mornings), it's nice to get my life back again. It's my birthday weekend, I'm sure I can get into some shenanigans around here. Maybe I'll hit Ocean City for Fall cruise weekend.
    Completely understand, just busting your chops for fun, no offense intended. Enjoy the new job and hopefully a less stressful life. Now to start your plans for the 2019 Reunion block of time
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

Quote Originally Posted by SVOeric View Post
    well congratz! my birthday is the week after. October babies rule!!!

sucks you can't join us, but we all have responsibilities.
    Yes we do! I had several patients the other day that were all the same month and year in October, two were a day apart... Weird randomness...

Quote Originally Posted by svono50 View Post
    Completely understand, just busting your chops for fun, no offense intended. Enjoy the new job and hopefully a less stressful life. Now to start your plans for the 2019 Reunion block of time
    Will most definitely be planning on the 2019 trip!!
    -Eric
    85 1C
    10 GT Premium
    01 Jeep Wrangler