Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SVO's: 86 1C
    Almost thought we forgot about you folks, didn't ya! Well, our day jobs have been kicking us in the rumps, but I can say that we have picked a hotel...in the Lexington area...and will be setting it up yet this week. When we get the I's dotted and T's crossed, we will post up a link for making your reservations under the club's negotiated rate. You will have the option to call and book the reservation as well, so don't worry.

The area's Keenland Fall Racing event kicks off this same weekend caused the hotel rates to more than double over the normal weekend rates, which we were able to thwart through some long conversations and patience. I am looking forward to meeting up with everyone again!
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

Ok, hotel information below, whew, this was more of a challenge than expected for sure.

Courtyard by Marriott Lexington South/Hamburg Place
    1951 Pleasant Ridge Dr, Lexington, KY 40509
    (859) 263-9090

The SVOCA has secured a block of 10 rooms over the weekend period and rate that can be reserved either through the online link below or calling directly and mentioning the "SVO Club of America" group. If we exceed the 10 rooms, we will still get the noted rates, but those extra rooms won't be guaranteed to be available. The unreserved rooms will be released on Friday 9/28, so please reserve sooner than later!! I can't stress this enough, as they only had 24 unsold rooms outside of our block of rooms.

These details are going to sound a bit strange and complicated, but hang with me. We have 5 rooms for Thursday (10/4) consisting of 3 double bed & 2 single king rooms. We then expand up to 10 rooms for Friday (10/5) & Saturday (10/6) consisting of 7 double bed & 3 single king rooms. And back down to 5 rooms for Sunday (10/7) consisting of 3 double bed & 2 single king rooms. Room rates on Thursday & Sunday nights are $109/night and room rates on Friday & Saturday are $119/night. IT DOES NOT matter how many nights or in what combination you reserve your room, the nightly rate will be what is noted...you won't be penalized if you only come in for 2 nights. We tried to get as many double bed rooms as possible so folks can share a room to help defray some of the cost.

Here is the link to the online reservation:

http://www.marriott.com/meeting-even...&stop_mobi=yes

**Due to a software system limitation, the rate you will see when reserving online is $119/night all 4 nights. DO NOT PANIC!!! I have been assured multiple times, that you will only be charged $109/night if you reserve Thursday and/or Sunday night. I, myself, will be booking both of those nights, so I will certainly nobody gets charged incorrectly.

These rates are more than we usually have for the Reunion, but they are a far, far cry less than they could have been. Weekend rates were published at $198/night due to the opening weekend of the Keenland fall horse racing opening weekend event that is going on at the same time. Just our luck the local SCCA and Keenland's events lined up this year.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to post up here or drop me a PM. Hope to see you in a couple weeks!
    Last edited by svono50; 09-22-2018 at 10:19 PM.
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

SVO's: 84 custom, 86 1D
    Congrats on finding a hotel; with the opening weekend of Keenland, I'm sure it was a challenge!
    I think the rates you were able to negotiate are wonderful considering the circumstances, even if a bit higher then previous years.

We're Booked for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights.
    I was quoted the $119 for all three nights, but the person I spoke with was going to check with their sales department on the Thursday night rate.

What about trailer parking? The Google Earth photo looks like it might be limited.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave S; Yesterday at 05:02 PM.
    Odd, when I took my avitar picture I owned the black SVO...now I own the blue SVO.

SVO's: 86-1C & 86-1E
    lol DAVE, did you read the post ?

**Due to a software system limitation, the rate you will see when reserving online is $119/night all 4 nights. DO NOT PANIC!!! I have been assured multiple times, that you will only be charged $109/night if you reserve Thursday and/or Sunday night. I, myself, will be booking both of those nights, so I will certainly nobody gets charged incorrectly.
    There is a fair bit of parking on-site, If we run into issues, I'll work on the flooring store behind us... so anyone planning to pull a trailer, please let me know, PM, or Email
    Eric C
    SVOCA Webmaster

SVO's: 84 custom, 86 1D
    Yes, but I called...not online. I actually spoke to a human being (got his name, quite helpful).
    Odd, when I took my avitar picture I owned the black SVO...now I own the blue SVO.

software is the same if you talk or go online.
    Eric C
    SVOCA Webmaster

4 PSI Boost
    SVO's: 84 2A
    Hotel booked. Is there more info coming for Friday tour, Saturday show and the Sunday Autocross registration?
    Mark Miller
    SVOCA Member # 441
    84 2A Cloth Original 22.5K Miles

hey Mark,
    yes, will be a full route posted for Friday. with all the rain we have here this week, need to make sure flooding won't cause issues.

show is
    SONIC -- 2633 Richmond Road, Lexington
    registration opens at 10:00
    show 11:00-3:00 (typically awards are ~2:00)

Auto-x
    -- all details will be posted when registration opens -- but location is close by, place called LFUCG PAD

LFUCG PAD

Pretty standard auto-X rules apply, but goes like this....

• 6:30 - 8:00am: SHOW UP AT SITE. Depending on what car preps you need to do, whether you pre-registered or not, etc.
    • 7:30 - 9:00am: TECH INSPECTION AVAILABLE
    • 7:30 - 9:00am: PRE-REGISTRATION CHECK-IN
    • 8:15am: COURSE OPEN FOR WALKING
    • 9:10am (approx): GUIDED COURSE WALK FOR NOVICES
    • 9:30 - 10:00am: DRIVER'S MEETING AND RUN/WORK ASSIGNMENTS
    • 10:00am: FIRST CAR OFF
    • 10:00am - ?: ACTIVE HEATS. Most events run to 4-5pm depending on turnout.
    Eric C
    SVOCA Webmaster

hotel parking---
    lets go for these spots ...
    I'd separate truck and trailer... but that's just me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hotel-park.jpg  
    Eric C
    SVOCA Webmaster

I will give our contact a shout Monday to make sure we don't have any issues with the trailers that will be coming. My impressions in talking with him on the phone, he will be willing to work with us on almost any issue. If we have a different location for the trailers, I will post it up.

Dave, Eric is right, the system 'shows' $119/night, but they will manually adjust the Thursday & Sunday night rates down to $109. Our contact assured me that he noted this in a few places on their system, but it will be a manual process. This is why I noted that if anyone has a billing issue at their checkout to let me know and I will make sure it is corrected.
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

At the reunions, we typically have a parking lot party, at least one night. That looks to be the best place for us to gather.
    Eric C
    SVOCA Webmaster