SVO's: '86 2R

Information on lower intake fitting sizes?

I'm still waiting to get the lower intake repaired. Actually, I haven't checked back yet, since I've been busy with other things. I was thinking about getting rid of the steel bits, and replacing the water line fittings with aluminum. It'll also 'add lightness'. ;-)

I don't have the old intake off yet, and can't get a good look at the fittings on the lower manifold, and am uncertain how many fittings are there, so I'm asking here, just in case someone has the information handy. That, and it might be nice to have the information documented here. My search-fu isn't that good, and searches didn't turn up much to answer my specific question.

Anyway, it looks like the fitting that cracked my intake was a 3/8" pipe X 3/8" hose, so I have that one figured out. That was the fitting that came straight out of the water jacket toward the driver's inner fender (I think). It can be seen here, post 174:

http://www.svoca.com/forum/showthread.php?15519-About-to-start-body-restoration-on-86/page12

I know there's at least another hole in the water jacket there for another pipe fitting. Is there another tube to that or is that the coolant sensor location? I don't remember how many outlets were on that water jacket housing. Any information out there?

Thank you.
    Gene Beaird,
    86 2R SVO, G Stock,
    Pearland, Texas

SVO's: 86-1C & 86-1E
    that other hole is for the temp-sensor, If I remember correctly.

Remember the one top center is for EEC, the lower one is for the fan controller.
    Eric C
    SVOCA Webmaster

SVO's: '86 2R
    Thank you, Eric. While picking some extinguishers out of the shop to get serviced, I had yet another look, and discovered the other two ports were for a couple of switches. So I should be good to go with the one hose barb.

The lower is back. They seem to have done a pretty good job, and didn't seem to even mess up the threads more than they already were. I'll still chase them some, and will apply a HEALTHY dose of teflon paste when things go together.

I'm now considering using a regular upper with the full-length runners, instead of the gutted Bob's upper. There'll still be a bit of a gap where he knifed-edged the runners in the lower, so I'm still not 100% there.
    Gene Beaird,
    86 2R SVO, G Stock,
    Pearland, Texas