4 PSI Boost
    SVO's: 1984 SVO

Chassis stiffening kit question

I'm curious as to what you all think of the Fox body chassis stiffening kit. I know several people that have put them in GTs & a SVT and they all say it greatly improved the ride & handling. I should add that I have driven one of those cars & it can't match my SVO in handling. My car is all original so I would not want to change anything, but I was wondering if it is used more when racing or just not needed on the SVO.

SVO's: 86-1C & 86-1E
    no, they will help the SVO nearly as much as they help their nose heavy pig relatives the GT's.
    Sub-frame connectors, & chassis braces, strut-tower braces, they all help.

but like you said, if you have an all original car, I'm not sure it's something you would want to do.
    Eric C
    SVOCA Webmaster

4 PSI Boost
    SVO's: 1984 SVO
    Thanks, I'll remember that if I get a future project car

SVO's: 86 1C
    Our SVO's suffer the same 'wet noodle' chassis as all other Fox brethren, so any/all chassis stiffening techniques apply. Adding subframe connectors is one of the largest initial improvements that you can do to our cars. It is amazing how much of a difference you get in the firmness of the seat with them as compared to without. As Eric mentioned with an all-stock car you may want to hold off for another project.
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4