I have a loose inner tie rod that I am replacing with a Moog EV117. There is a little bitty roll pin that needs to be pulled and the service manual, of course, calls for a special tool, T78P-3504-N. It is a tiny slide hammer with a tiny threaded tip that screws into the roll pin. I can buy one of these things for over $100 that I will use exactly twice.

Does anyone have another way to pull these roll pins without buying an otherwise useless tool? I have to believe that this tool is required a LOT since FoMoCo made this sort of rack and pinion for many many years.

Alternately, does anyone know of a parts store that has one of these things as a loaner?