6 PSI Boost
    SVO's: 1986 svo

black plastic globe inside right side fender

the vacuum line is off my 86 svo ,when I put my finger on it it drops the idle down a lot what is it for ?

the well known PIA VIN guy Ken Potter's Avatar
    SVO's: 84,85,85.5,86x2
    It's a vacuum canister. Supposed to help maintain a constant vacuum in the system. A pressure tank in reverse.

6 PSI Boost
    thanks ken , do you know what is making the idle drop down when I close it off?

SVO's: 2 - 9Ls
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHMACH1 View Post
    thanks ken , do you know what is making the idle drop down when I close it off?
    You fixed the vacuum leak. Once you make the fix permanent, you will need to go through the base idle setup again to get it set correctly.
    Mike S

'86 SVO 9L Leather
    '86 SVO 9L Road Warrior
    '96 300ZXTT

6 PSI Boost
    the vacuum line coming off the canister goes into a splitter valve both have plastic tubing and hose one goes into the dash is that for the boost gauge because that is not working

SVO's: 2 - 9Ls
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHMACH1 View Post
    the vacuum line coming off the canister goes into a splitter valve both have plastic tubing and hose one goes into the dash is that for the boost gauge because that is not working
    No, one goes to the EGR valve and the other goes to the vacuum operator/controller for the AC/blend door actuator.
    Mike S

'86 SVO 9L Leather
    '86 SVO 9L Road Warrior
    '96 300ZXTT

SVO's: 86-1C & 86-1E
    To be clear on Mike's post -- the hose from the vac canister goes to the EGR CONTROL Valve... (not the EGR valve directly)
    There should also be a one-way valve in that section somewhere. will have to look to refresh my memory on where it is.

There could also be a leak INSIDE the car, where the hard plastic line goes into the car. -- block that off to test.

The boost gauge runs on the drivers side of the car, around the brake booster
    Eric C
    SVOCA Webmaster

SVO's: '86 2R
    Quote Originally Posted by svoeric View Post
    to be clear on mike's post -- the hose from the vac canister goes to the egr control valve... (not the egr valve directly)
    there should also be a one-way valve in that section somewhere. Will have to look to refresh my memory on where it is.

There could also be a leak inside the car, where the hard plastic line goes into the car. -- block that off to test.

The boost gauge hose runs on the drivers side of the car, around the brake booster
    ^^ftfy :-)
    Gene Beaird,
    86 2R SVO, G Stock,
    Pearland, Texas