Thread: Cold start problems

SVO's: 86 1E

Cold start problems

My car has been getting harder and harder to start over the past 2 or so years. Once warmed up it runs and starts fine but cold it won't catch. When it refuses to start the tach needle bounces off 0 after it stops. A TFI would not cause problems like these would it?
    Should note I have pimp with stock ignition stuff.
    Bruce

SVO's: 2 - 9Ls
    Bruce, did you upgrade the Tuner Studio software? If not, that could be the issue. Also, double check your IAC settings that you got from Stinger. Mine where set to a GM value and made starting harder. Are you certain you have fuel pressure when you start cranking? Try cycling the key a couple of times before you try to crank.
    Mike S

'86 SVO 9L Leather
    '86 SVO 9L Road Warrior
    '96 300ZXTT

SVO's: 86 1E
    Fuel pressure is good. My iac has never worked I think the wiring is fubared. We re did the wiring about 15 years ago and it worked with the stock stuff for a short while. I never could upgrade to the version you had, TS wants to go to the newest revision only. So I never got the closed loop installed. I will recheck the IAC settings although I have messed with them extensively with no luck. I used to be able to start it with my foot on the gas but it doesn't want to catch as easy now as in the past.
    Bruce