SVO's: 86 2A BWD,

Stainless Steel Coolant Lines

Kendal Coker asked me to start this thread and share the information of where I had a set of stainless steel coolant lines made. The name of the company is SCR Precision Tube Bending Inc. (scrprecision.com) It has been several years since I had this company make the lines for me. Honestly I can't remember how much it cost me. I sent them my factory lines. They made copies of them and then sent both the factory and new stainless lines back. I hope this helps whoever is interested.
    Chad
    86 2A BWD, 2019 VW Golf R, 1988 Mustang lx 5.0

6 PSI Boost
    Thanks for posting that inerceptor! I have some coolant seepage on my 85.5 that I'll be addressing soon as well. It appears to be mostly from the small coolant hoses and possibly the thermostat housing. But this may be a good time for me to look at the coolant hard lines as well. I have seen on another site (Turboford ?) some posts about making these lines out of aluminum tubing instead. I'm thinking that would be a good alternative to the s/s and or even doing them out of copper or braided hose with fittings...Will need to get something under way soon, possibly a group buy / project?

SVO's: '86 2R
    I am in the process of updating the cooling system on our 86, and recently removed the upper radiator hose from the t-stat housing. The very end was mostly gone and very pitted. Glad I got a replacement for it. I was contemplating not replacing it, but after seeing that, it's definitely on the replacement list. Got a new thermostat, too.
    Gene Beaird,
    86 2R SVO, G Stock,
    Pearland, Texas

6 PSI Boost
    gbeaird, I'll be doing the same thing soon as well..best to change preventatively of course!

SVO's: '86 2R
    Yeah, I probably need to order a heater core, too. It wasn't on the list, but probably should be. I should at least have one in the box-'o-spares just in case.
    Gene Beaird,
    86 2R SVO, G Stock,
    Pearland, Texas