Thread: Reunion Info

14 PSI Boost
    SVO's: 85.5 2A

Reunion Info

I am new here. Are there any details for the reunion? I would love to come to this event but I am being deployed in Q4 this year and do not know if I will be able to attend.

SVO's: 86 1C
    General location is Birmingham, AL this year if that hasn't been said yet. We will likely be just NE of the city. We are still working on the details (i.e.- hotel and Friday activity), but the general format is some sort of local drive/sight seeing event on Friday, car show on Saturday and then spectate/participate in the local auto-x on Sunday. The 'show' is less about what your SVO looks like and more the fact that you bring it. Most of us don't get opportunities to meet up with other SVO owners and see what they have done to their cars.

Of course there will be the general 'bench racing' and story telling sessions back at the hotel every evening. Past couple of years we have had a local craft beer exchange that I started...who doesn't like to try a new beer, eh? You are welcome to join whatever activities you can, nothing is 'mandatory' with our group. I generally roll into town on Thursday evening and head back up on Monday morning, but that is just how I prefer it. Main goal is to get together and just have some 'fun'.

As soon as we have some additional details to share, it will be posted in this event section.
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

14 PSI Boost
    Thanks for the reply! I hope that I have an SVO by then. If not, is that a good chance to see and buy one? B’ham would be a great location as I will likely be in Montgomery during that time. Sounds like a fun time. Hopefully I will be able to attend.

SVO's: 86 1C
    I wouldn't anticipate having any SVO's for sale at the Reunion...but you never know. Talking to some folks who attend Reunions may lead to connections to find one though. Even if you don't have an SVO by then, I would still recommend dropping by, as all are welcome and you would most likely get a ride in an SVO or two while there. The amount of info you can hear/see at a Reunion is the most concentrated source you will likely ever find. Hope to see you there!
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

14 PSI Boost
    I am hoping I can make it!!

Actually I know of one local SVO that the owner has talked about selling off and on...it's a VERY nice Canyon Red '86 with tasteful mechanical modifications. He will be at the Reunion.

14 PSI Boost
    Hmmm, I will be in Montgomery this weekend....

the well known PIA VIN guy Ken Potter's Avatar
    SVO's: 84,85,85.5,86x2
    Quote Originally Posted by SVOPaul View Post
    Actually I know of one local SVO that the owner has talked about selling off and on...it's a VERY nice Canyon Red '86 with tasteful mechanical modifications. He will be at the Reunion.
    If it's the one I'm thinking of this is the one for you.

the well known PIA VIN guy Ken Potter's Avatar
    SVO's: 84,85,85.5,86x2
    Quote Originally Posted by USAFRichards View Post
    Hmmm, I will be in Montgomery this weekend....
    I just sent you an email with pics of the 2A.

14 PSI Boost
    Quote Originally Posted by SVOPaul View Post
    Would love to hear more about this one!