Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Selling my 86'

SVO's: 1986 SVO
    I let the guy know what I found out and what you all said, so maybe he'll not be so hesitant about all the red tape (or lack of it).

4 PSI Boost
    Any idea what it would take to get it smogged in CA?

SVO's: 1986 SVO
    I'm not privy to that information, but hopefully some of the more knowledgeable members will let us know.

SVO's: 86 1C
    Quote Originally Posted by sherwood View Post
    Any idea what it would take to get it smogged in CA?
    As you are in California, I would have a chat with one of your local shops to get all the details. I am guessing there are still a lot of hurdles to get through out there, but there are many SVO's out there, so it is certainly possible.
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

4 PSI Boost
    Quote Originally Posted by svono50 View Post
    As you are in California, I would have a chat with one of your local shops to get all the details. I am guessing there are still a lot of hurdles to get through out there, but there are many SVO's out there, so it is certainly possible.
    There are quite a bit of SVOs out here in CA however I would assume most of those were produced for CA. Just curious how to convert one that was produced for another state to get to be CA compliant. Might be pretty tough to come by parts...

SVO's: 2 - 9Ls
    My FL SVO passed California emissions with no issues. The biggest thing you will have to contend with is any visible modification made to the engine bay.
    Mike S

'86 SVO 9L Leather
    '86 SVO 9L Road Warrior
    '96 300ZXTT

SVO's: 86 1C
    I don't think there was anything unique on the SVO's sold in CA, at least not back then.

The first 'unique' parts on CA sales Mustangs that I am aware of came in 1988, when all the CA 1988 5.0L Mustangs came with a mass air sensor, 1 year prior to the rest of the country getting them in 1989. I know this because my buddies former 1988 GT had a mass air on it due to its CA delivery and always threw the parts counter guys for a loop.
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4