Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 85.5 -86 headlights!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    6 PSI Boost
    SVO's: 86 svo, black

85.5 -86 headlights!

Just saw a link on ebay for DCM headlamp repops! set of four (outers and main headlamps) for $399. Blue oval industries is the seller. Just thought I would let everyone know.

SVO's: 86 1C
    Thanx for the notice, was wondering what retailer was going to post these up first. Here is a link to BOI's website as well for the set (you can get individually too):

https://www.blueovalindustries.com/1...hl1050kit.html
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

SVO's: '86 2R
    Quote Originally Posted by badmfer65 View Post
    Just saw a link on ebay for DCM headlamp repops! set of four (outers and main headlamps) for $399. Blue oval industries is the seller. Just thought I would let everyone know.
    Just for clarity, they have the right and left set switched in their web page. What they're selling are actually the inner assemblies and the headlights.

And one less set is now available from them.
    Last edited by gbeaird; 06-06-2019 at 12:19 PM.
    Gene Beaird,
    86 2R SVO, G Stock,
    Pearland, Texas

6 PSI Boost
    SVO's: 86 svo, black
    Yeah sorry it was inners and like that they are gone! I was able to get the headlights though

SVO's: 86 1C X2
    They had them at Ford Carlisle trying to sell. They were set up correctly on the table when I saw them.

14 PSI Boost
    SVO's: 85.5 2A
    Des anyone make the outters?

the well known PIA VIN guy Ken Potter's Avatar
    SVO's: 84,85,85.5,86x2
    Quote Originally Posted by USAFRichards View Post
    Des anyone make the outters?
    Not yet. But supposedly they're working on it. Don't hold your breath though.

Ken, didn't they have the tooling for one of the outers, but not the other? I seem to recall hearing something of that sort when DC got the tooling originally. With our limited market, it would be a stretch to expect them to even get a temporary tool machined up to make the opposite side.
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

Quote Originally Posted by svono50 View Post
    Ken, didn't they have the tooling for one of the outers, but not the other? I seem to recall hearing something of that sort when DC got the tooling originally. With our limited market, it would be a stretch to expect them to even get a temporary tool machined up to make the opposite side.
    There was a time when they had the left outer tooling. He also had the tooling for the front bumper cover but that was supposedly damaged after the first run.

Given today's CNC scanning / programming I don't see how they can't / won't make the tooling for at least the outers. Sure there is detail involved but it shouldn't be that cost prohibitive these days.

I have one of the first repro bumper covers on the 7B. I bought it even though I still had ( still have ) an NOS cover. Here it is prior to paint.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6946.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Potter View Post
    There was a time when they had the left outer tooling. He also had the tooling for the front bumper cover but that was supposedly damaged after the first run.

Given today's CNC scanning / programming I don't see how they can't / won't make the tooling for at least the outers. Sure there is detail involved but it shouldn't be that cost prohibitive these days.

I have one of the first repro bumper covers on the 7B. I bought it even though I still had ( still have ) an NOS cover. Here it is prior to paint.
    Heh, same here. I figured I'd put the repro on the car, so if it gets damaged, we still have the OEM. We even got them both painted.
    Gene Beaird,
    86 2R SVO, G Stock,
    Pearland, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by gbeaird View Post
    Heh, same here. I figured I'd put the repro on the car, so if it gets damaged, we still have the OEM. We even got them both painted.
    My NOS is still in the black primer in case it needs to go to 1E, or 4E, or 2R, or 7B... HAHA

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Potter View Post

Ken, I am with you there, just not sure how 'advanced' DC is from a tooling standpoint. It shouldn't be difficult to scan the mold cavities and create a mirror, then machine away. Reverse engineering is much simpler than starting with a blank sheet, as we have to do this all the time with older equipment here at work.

Of course, I always think back when I purchased a new set of all 6 lights back in the early 90's...a whopping $180 for all 6 direct from Ford with the 'parts counter' discount. Wish I would have bought a few sets to say the least, but when in college I was more worried about making insurance payments and repairs than collecting a stash of parts. And who thought I would still have my same SVO for ~28 years!?!
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

SVO's: 84 U3
    Quote Originally Posted by svono50 View Post
    Ken, I am with you there, just not sure how 'advanced' DC is from a tooling standpoint. It shouldn't be difficult to scan the mold cavities and create a mirror, then machine away. Reverse engineering is much simpler than starting with a blank sheet, as we have to do this all the time with older equipment here at work.

Of course, I always think back when I purchased a new set of all 6 lights back in the early 90's...a whopping $180 for all 6 direct from Ford with the 'parts counter' discount. Wish I would have bought a few sets to say the least, but when in college I was more worried about making insurance payments and repairs than collecting a stash of parts. And who thought I would still have my same SVO for ~28 years!?!
    Ted -
    Yep, I had several complete sets of Ford OEM lights. Sold them back in the day. Wish I would have kept them along with the NOS header panels, sail panels, shift knobs, etc. 15 years ago they will still somewhat available and "reasonable" prices.
    PETRO EXPRESS=CITGO=BOYCOTT / Illinois - Taxation w/o Representation!

Quote Originally Posted by MIKESVO View Post
    Ted -
    Yep, I had several complete sets of Ford OEM lights. Sold them back in the day. Wish I would have kept them along with the NOS header panels, sail panels, shift knobs, etc. 15 years ago they will still somewhat available and "reasonable" prices.
    Yes I bought several of sets of lights, markers, and backing plates from you. I also have one NOS header panel and an excellent used panel. Then two NOS hood pads, Gatorbacks, and tail lights, and... HAHA

Not to mention I bought out all of Motion Dynamics stuff when he decided to quit. More lights and on and on and on...

Heh, I'm going to try to NOT collect the whole set!
    Gene Beaird,
    86 2R SVO, G Stock,
    Pearland, Texas