6 PSI Boost

Rear Quarter Body Mouldings

This is the little piece of trim behind the tire adjacent to the rear bumper. Are these are specific to the 84-86 SVO? Any known sources for replacements?

SVO's: 86 1C
    Basically the same as any other 79-84 Mustang except the SVO lacks the twin pin stripe. So you can look for 2 used SVO or if you can't find those, go for the regular Mustang moldings and paint to match. The 79-84 won't be 100% factory correct, but.....
    86 SVO 1C

SVO's: 86 2R CP 86 9L CP
    Quote Originally Posted by powered_by_turbo View Post
    This is the little piece of trim behind the tire adjacent to the rear bumper. Are these are specific to the 84-86 SVO? Any known sources for replacements?
    There are usually pieces posted on eBay for sale... prices vary by seller and condition.

These look fairly nice. Not mine and no affiliation.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1984-1985-1....c100667.m2042

6 PSI Boost
    Quote Originally Posted by JTurbo View Post
    Basically the same as any other 79-84 Mustang except the SVO lacks the twin pin stripe. So you can look for 2 used SVO or if you can't find those, go for the regular Mustang moldings and paint to match. The 79-84 won't be 100% factory correct, but.....
    I guess it is good that mine are still in decent shape. I took one off carefully without damaging it then I started to wonder if there were replacements available. Careful cleanup and repaint should suffice for the pair I have. Thanks.