6 PSI Boost
    SVO's: 86 svo, black

86 bi-wing complete hatch

I'm looking for a rear hatch with factory bi wing for my 86. I would like to get the actual 86 version with the third brake light. If anyone has a line on one please let me know.
    Thanks

SVO's: 86 1C X2
    In my opinion, (it looks like your car is a bi-wing delete, from your photo album) I would leave it alone. Your car is more rare than one with the bi-wings.

SVO's: 86 1C
    I am with ^^, seeing a bi-wing delete is actually pretty rare. While it isn't as 'unique' as your average SVO, it gives you a good story to tell that it was a little-known option for the folks who didn't appreciate the bi-wing setup and that it makes your SVO that much more unique. If you do find a full hatch/wing setup, please keep that hatch in safe keeping for potential future use.
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

SVO's: '86 2R
    What these guys say. That said, the hatch is actually a standard Mustang part. The unique bits are in the spoiler and wing. So if you find an intact, but rusted, or damaged SVO hatch, or can get the spoiler/wing bits separately, a standard Mustang hatch can be modded to mount those SVO parts to.
    Gene Beaird,
    86 2R SVO, G Stock,
    Pearland, Texas

6 PSI Boost
    SVO's: 86 svo, black
    That is the plan. The reason I'm looking for the complete hatch is it would be easier to just swap. I plan to keep the delete hatch for sure! I understand the rarity of this option. Personally I just like the bi-wing look. I got a huge amount of parts with this car. A good deal of factory original parts. I have them all stored in my garage. I just wanted to have the bi-wing on another hatch is all. I just put out a few feelers to see what comes back. But i for sure want the correct wing for the year.

SVO's: '86 2R
    Since we're doing a resto-mod on our car, I pulled the OEM hatch (after getting it repainted with the car) and added a 'glass hatch. I repaired the spoiler mounting posts with epoxy and fiberglass and reused it. There was a run of replacement wings, which I picked up for this project, since it had the end tabs intact, and trimmed it to fit. So I started with a regular Mustang hatch on our project.

The OEM hatch and hood are hanging in our shop, should we sell the car. And if you are in any way interested in going that route, the H.O Fibertrends parts are really good quality.
    Gene Beaird,
    86 2R SVO, G Stock,
    Pearland, Texas

the well known PIA VIN guy Ken Potter's Avatar
    SVO's: 84,85,85.5,86x2
    Along these lines I have a spare hatch and a LX non-brake light lower that may eventually find it's way onto my 85.5 2R. Hatches are easy enough to swap back and forth so I can have a Bi-Wing or a Bi-Wing Delete whenever I want.