SVO's: 1986 7B

85.5 to 86 Head lights and inner lights available from LMR

Hey Everyone,Late Model Restoration has a shipment of 85.5 to 86 Headlights and 84 to 86 inners available. Not sure how long they will be in stock so get them while you can.

Richard H. Franklin Jr
    Hayesville, NC
    1986 7B

SVO's: 86 1C
    Good to hear DC got some units through their process, BOI ran out before I got my order shipped, but I am still on their 'list'. Will follow up with them Monday!
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

Additionally, Iíve donated a set of 85.5-86 headlight mounting plates, seals, clips. Daniel Carpenter Reproductions are starting to look at the possibility of reproducing. As always, it all comes down tooling and manufacturing cost. Iíve offered my help in anyway I can to get these made. I guess weíll see.

Richard H. Franklin Jr
    Hayesville, NC
    1986 7B

I would like to share some info regarding corner markers. I spoke with the people at Daniel Carpenter Reproductions. They did confirm they are working on the Left and Right Corner Marker Lights. There is no release date yet and most likely be some time. However, they ARE working on them. I have a feeling they are having to reverse engineer the missing mold. I'm feeling cautiously optimistic. Lets keep our fingers crossed.]

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1986 SVO Mustang.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	182.3 KB 
ID:	46607
    Last edited by RFranklin; 07-15-2019 at 05:42 PM.

Richard H. Franklin Jr
    Hayesville, NC
    1986 7B

I guess I will add my info into this thread. Blue Oval Ind. ran out of inventory before I got my set, so they put me on 'hold' waiting for more inventory, no biggie from my end, these will be 'spare' items to add into my inventory. I followed up with them a couple times and they were waiting on word from DC on more inventory, but nothing confirmed. Then the notice came out that LMR had a new batch of inventory last week. I contact BOI to see if they had an update and they apparently could not get word from DC about more inventory and actually recommended me to get them from LMR as they couldn't confirm/deny if they were getting any more. So, I placed my order with LMR and got a delivery yesterday...yet to open to check them out. BOI did offer up a discount on a future order with them, so I thought that was great customer service and will certainly place an order for something in the future with them.

Glad to see there are still 'good' vendors out there, as they can sometimes be hard to find.
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

SVO's: '86 2R
    My correspondence with BO hints that they are still expecting inventory. I did check with LMR yesterday, and they're out of one of the headlights, and only had a couple of the other in stock. Grab 'em while you can!
    Gene Beaird,
    86 2R SVO, G Stock,
    Pearland, Texas

I got my set from LMR and they arrived in perfect condition, despite the box being crunched a bit...whew! Looks like everyone is grabbing a set or two this go around. Hopefully BOI ends up getting some more inventory and maybe there will be enough demand to have DC do a few more??
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

Quote Originally Posted by svono50 View Post
    I got my set from LMR and they arrived in perfect condition, despite the box being crunched a bit...whew! Looks like everyone is grabbing a set or two this go around. Hopefully BOI ends up getting some more inventory and maybe there will be enough demand to have DC do a few more??
    That's awesome ! They moved very fast as predicted. Hopefully, they will make another run. I think LMR has a couple of sets of inners left.

Richard H. Franklin Jr
    Hayesville, NC
    1986 7B