Thread: Led

SVO's: 86 1E

Led

My 2 year old LED light failed. They can't have 2K on them and I rarely drive at night. The running light in my inner marker is out. The turn signal works but not the running light. Went to order a replacement and they are out of stock till Sept.
    Bruce

SVO's: 86 1C
    That is a bummer, sounds like something in the control board crapped out, maybe from vibration. I doubt the LED itself crapped out, but who knows. Check to make sure the contacts are still good on the bulb and maybe try reseating it? So far, knocking on wood, none of mine have dropped out yet. I too don't do much night-time driving with the lights on.
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

SVO's: '86 2R
    Bruce, you're sure it's the light? We have a flaky tail light socket in our '10 Tahoe that will just quit working after a while. Sometimes it just comes back on by itself, sometimes, I have to pull the tail light housing, pull and reseat the bulb.

Kind of what Ted said, LEDs tend to last a bit longer than incandescent, unless you get the really cheap bulbs, then humidity and heat can get to the circuitry.
    Gene Beaird,
    86 2R SVO, G Stock,
    Pearland, Texas

SVO's: 86 1E
    I will try reseating it.
    Bruce

SVO's: 86 1C
    Bruce, any luck with the reseating process??

I just re-read your original post and noticed that you said the turn signal function still worked on the bulb, but not the 'low' light level. I would tend to believe it would be a contact or wiring issue that would cause that rather than the bulb itself, since I would think it would be totally dead if the circuitry on the board fizzled.
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4