Thread: 86 Mustang SVO 9L Ebay

SVO's: 86 1C X2

86 Mustang SVO 9L Ebay

the well known PIA VIN guy Ken Potter's Avatar
    SVO's: 84,85,85.5,86x2
    There was a guy on FaceBook who sold this about a week ago at Mecum Auctions in Dallas.

https://www.mecum.com/lots/DA0919-38...d-mustang-svo/

SVO's: 84 U3
    Let the flipping begin! I sold a unique 85 GT back in 2016 to a guy in WI, he put it up for sale right away and had it for a while, then it sold, went to PA and was sold at Mecum Harriburg this summer. Now it's listed on ebay for more than 3 times what I sold it for at a classic car dealer in FL. Go figure.
    PETRO EXPRESS=CITGO=BOYCOTT / Illinois - Taxation w/o Representation!

Quote Originally Posted by MIKESVO View Post
    Let the flipping begin! I sold a unique 85 GT back in 2016 to a guy in WI, he put it up for sale right away and had it for a while, then it sold, went to PA and was sold at Mecum Harriburg this summer. Now it's listed on ebay for more than 3 times what I sold it for at a classic car dealer in FL. Go figure.
    Reminds me of the Barrett-Jackson 85.5 I sold a few years ago. It was absolutely pristine with 10,600 miles on it when I sold it. I had mentioned it to Jonathon Powell at the Mustang Museum of America as a great candidate. We both had been on the look out for it when it popped up on eBay.

It had over twice the mileage and they had a BIN of over twice what I had sold it for to the previous buyer. It clearly had been driven for many, many miles on dirt / gravel roads. The engine compartment was completely covered in dirt.

Also blown the clear coat off the wheels and glued convex mirrors on the outside mirrors as well as a glued on carpet on the dash. The headliner had been replaced with what looked like shag carpeting among other things.

We both tried to contact the seller through eBay and by phone. The ad was pulled in about one day and it hasn't been seen since then.

This was the last time I saw it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1313431615.jpg  

Funny thing is the guy who previously owned that 9L had been trying to sell it for over 6 months with no takers. I haven't been able to find what it finally sold for at Mecum. That day was never aired on TV either or I would have seen it.