16 PSI Boost

86 svo oil leak under boost

hi guys im back i have a 86 svo i get oil leaking out around front seal under boost, new seal installed (do have aliment tool) i m open for some advise, i also have a moroso catch can. i installed. (stingerwebsite). is this a common problem with these motors any advise.

SVO's: 2 - 9Ls
    If you have the catch can installed per Stinger's website, then there is no way to blow out a seal. Make sure you are using the correct size fittings and hoses listed on Stinger's site or you don't have a kink in the hoses.
    Mike S

'86 SVO 9L Leather
    '86 SVO 9L Road Warrior
    '96 300ZXTT

SVO's: '86 2R
    Quote Originally Posted by GAboySVO View Post
    If you have the catch can installed per Stinger's website, then there is no way to blow out a seal. Make sure you are using the correct size fittings and hoses listed on Stinger's site or you don't have a kink in the hoses.
    Any idea where this info is? I've looked all around their site, and nothing. I could just be missing it.
    Gene Beaird,
    86 2R SVO, G Stock,
    Pearland, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by gbeaird View Post
    Any idea where this info is? I've looked all around their site, and nothing. I could just be missing it.
    It's on his forum: http://stinger-performance.proboards...em-engine-blow
    Mike S

'86 SVO 9L Leather
    '86 SVO 9L Road Warrior
    '96 300ZXTT

16 PSI Boost
    hi guys anybody have front crankshaft cover.

Quote Originally Posted by svoturbo View Post
    hi guys anybody have front crankshaft cover.
    Race Engineering carries them.
    Mike S

'86 SVO 9L Leather
    '86 SVO 9L Road Warrior
    '96 300ZXTT

SVO's: '86 2R
    Thanks, Mike. The forum was the only place I didn't look. I'd be kind of nervous about using all those plastic bits, but the system shouldn't be under much pressure. Note the large diameter hose going to the crankcase breather. That IS important. We were having significant oiling issues in our Firebird, but after completely re-engineering the breather system seem to have stopped it. It included adding two -10 AN ports to the valve covers and running 5/8" hose from there to a large Moroso power steering reservoir can as a 'pre-catch' can, then routing the -6 AN 'air control' lines to a catch can for the route to and from the intake and the PCV valve port on the lifter cover. Each can is on either side of the car, on the front side of the radiator support, so we used probably 12' of 5/8" hose and 10' of 3/8" hose.

I think the 5/8" hose was important so that any good sized globs of oil weren't getting pushed through the smaller diameter hose, since the air had a way around it in the big hose.
    Gene Beaird,
    86 2R SVO, G Stock,
    Pearland, Texas