SVO's: 86 1C X2

85 Mustang SVO (was 4E) Facebook Marketplace

SVO's: 86 1C
    Looks like a solid body in the pics, but the no title thing would be an issue in a lot of states. Would be good to see another 4E back on the road.
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

SVO's: 1985 4E + 1c 84 1e
    I am really interested in this car.....BUT the title thing is a real issue for me.. I NEED it to have one so I can cross the border and be able to title the car
    Rob

85 4e

the well known PIA VIN guy Ken Potter's Avatar
    SVO's: 84,85,85.5,86x2
    I have a clear title.

Quote Originally Posted by roberto2000 View Post
    I am really interested in this car.....BUT the title thing is a real issue for me.. I NEED it to have one so I can cross the border and be able to title the car
    Just wondering, the one I bought in Canada did not have a title. I was told there were no titles there. I got a registration from the guy and had a bunch of trouble here in the states getting a title for it.
    Kendal Coker

I know on another forum with a different vehicle, a guy in Vancouver purchased a missing title car from a guy in Washington state and ended up having it turned away at the border because of the missing title. The guy had to walk away from the purchase and get his money back from the seller. I know here in the US that different states have very different rules about no title vehicles and salvage titles when you go for a registration. I thought some states won't even allow a salvage title vehicle to be registered, if I remember right.

Best bet is to research your location and find out what is needed for a specific situation and what can be done about it, if anything. The SVO listed here may just need a salvage title issued to it to be brought across the border, but that would be up to Rob to figure out.
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

SVO's: 1985 4E + 1c 84 1e
    I know if you do not have a title the car will be refused entry and have to go back.

There is a grey area where you go through the US side and go to the Canadian side to do the paperwork....(this is the Kicker) you have to get a US customs
    "Export" stamp.. then go to Canadian customs and fill out the paperwork ( Which is quite easy maybe 15 minutes give or take ) and you are good to go

BUT if you are refused entry you must return to the US side... Sounds easy right? if you did not get the US "export" stamp ( which is not mandatory) the vehicle will be refused entry back to the states
    and the car is now stuck in limbo where neither country will accept the car.....FUN

So the title must be proper, and not salvage either, or they will let you through to Canada and they will only allow you to register the car as "scrap" or "Non salvageable/parts"

Hope this makes sense
    Rob

85 4e

SVO's: 84 9W, 85 1B
    Why is it listed with an automatic transmission?
    Perry Mitchell
    SVOCA#187

Quote Originally Posted by High Roller View Post
    Why is it listed with an automatic transmission?
    Likely because of the available option defaults and the user not paying attention.
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4