12 PSI Boost
    SVO's: 1986 work in progres

Need help Bleeding rear brakes

I am in process of restoring my 86 svo and have redone the entire brake system. New master cyl, proportioning valve, all new lines, rotors, pads,and calipers. I can get fluid all the way to the rear calipers but can not get anything out the bleeder screws (installed the russell bleeder screws) I can bleed the front brakes and get fluid out but nothing at the rear. It doesnt make sense any help would be greatly appreciated.

SVO's: 86 1C
    Strange for sure. Have you tried the 'regular' bleeder screws to see if you can get fluid out of the calipers at all? I personally vacuum bleed my brakes and have never run into getting fluid to flow.
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

12 PSI Boost
    I am going to pick up some regular bleeders today and open them and see if i get any fluid by gravity the only other thing i can think is if that new prop valve is not letting enough pressure to the rear. I am also going to check my gap on the rear discs to see if I have to turn out caliper piston more. thanks

SVO's: 86 1C
    Sounds like a good plan, let us know what you come up with.
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

SVO's: 2 - 9Ls
    Did you bench bleed your new MC? I thought the SVO proportioning valve was not available. What did you use?
    Mike S

'86 SVO 9L Leather
    '86 SVO 9L Road Warrior
    '96 300ZXTT

12 PSI Boost
    I bought a retro prop valve from national parts depot. i should have bought a adjustable prop valve. Going out now to bleed master cyl once again then prop valve check adj on rear brakes, then attempt to bleed rear. I will post an update later today.
    Thanks
    Pete

12 PSI Boost
    i think the prop valve is no good going to try to the line to the rear axle off and see if getting any fluid out of it. I was alot easier before engine was installed. If so will replumb front and put in adj valve.

12 PSI Boost
    the prop valve must have been stuck while my son was pumping the brakes i was lightly tapping the side of the prop valve and we started to get fluid volume to rear calipers and system is now bled and functional. Do not fell confident in prop valve but wont know until get car running and on road. Will keep one hand ready on emergency brake during initial test. Until then thanks for all the help

SVO's: '86 2R
    The valve on our 98 Dakota R/T did that!! I ended up bleeding the other end so I could get the valve to move back to center. It did, and I continued to bleed the brakes very gently. Had a caliper lock on the thing. I discovered that a common problem with late '90's Mopars is to have the brake hoses delaminate internally, resulting in a brake that either won't pressurize, or won't release. We had the latter. This was on a 4000-mile truck!! All's well now, though, and I have braided hoses on it.
    Gene Beaird,
    86 2R SVO, G Stock,
    Pearland, Texas