SVO's: The Patriot!

Where is the Auto Cross Info and Sign up?

Didn't see a thread for the Auto Cross!
    A man stands tallest when he stoops to help a child.

SVO's: 86 1C
    Mark,

It is in the 'official' thread, first post. Link takes you to the registration. Payment will be made at the event, NO online payment. Make sure you register appropriately...
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

Well, we certainly had a great day to be out at an auto-x event this past Sunday for sure. Things were a bit cool and overcast in the morning, but the sun came out and it warmed up nicely in the afternoon. I believe everyone, but Paul, had a good day dodging and killing some cones. The Watts link in Paul's Evolution decided it wanted to shed a mounting bolt or two and let the rear end do the side shuffle. Luckily nothing was badly damaged and he was able to nurse it back home.

I would like to mention that the ALSCCA folks gave us a shout-out on their auto-x website!! Attached is a PDF capture of the page and race results. Here are links to the pages too:

Web - ALSCCA_2019 Reunion.pdf

http://www.alscca.net/index.php/259-...the-hoover-met

http://live.alscca.net/

Paul's car had already retired from the event and I am not sure where Mike's car was when the pics were snapped.

1 Bruce Richards 34.257
    2 David Schmitt 34.426
    3 Ted Schaefer 34.765
    4 Paul Becker 35.810
    5 Michael Stevens 36.477
    6 Ty Burgin 36.671
    7 Mark Miller 39.494
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

I still had a good day....I knew something wasn't right but gave it hell the first session anyway...until I realized just how bad the problem was. Still can't believe it was as fast as it was essentially without a working watts link...luckily no damage to the car anywhere. It's going to be down for a while since the Griggs system is now 20 years old and there have been improvements since then as well as new product improvements due in the coming months...so I'm going to wait for the latest stuff to come available and then update it at that time. I spent a couple hours on the phone with Bruce Griggs talking about the car and then catching up a bit...then talking about the old days since I have an A Sedan 65 Mustang that raced at his home track at Riverside back in the day.

I ALMOST put the S435 around the course...then you guys would have REALLY been in trouble! LOL

SVO's: 86-1C & 86-1E
    just curious Paul, think this has been an issue for a while, and only noticed because of sticky tires ?
    or did the sticky tires pop the bolts out, when they put pressure on things?
    Eric C
    SVOCA Webmaster

Quote Originally Posted by SVOeric View Post
    just curious Paul, think this has been an issue for a while, and only noticed because of sticky tires ?
    or did the sticky tires pop the bolts out, when they put pressure on things?

No, I think the vibration and side to side load caused the retaining nut to loosen and come off and it got worse from there. Later versions of the pivot plate were pinned to help against movement. With the car having no rubber in any of the suspension the vibrations are an issue. It was fine a week ago but I drove it daily for the week prior to the Autocross...I really should have gone back over everything but the lift was tied up and I figured wrong that it was fine.

I edited and published my auto-x video up on my YouTube channel, check it out here:

https://youtu.be/HiYwZCrWPdc

Enjoy!

Yes, I had a couple total brain cramps in the afternoon session...ate a couple cones one run when I froze and the other where I zigged when I should have zagged. Oh well, no damage and still had plenty of fun.
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

SVO's: 86 1E
    Cold tires in the afternoon session made me take out 4 or 5 cones too.
    Bruce