SVO's: '86 2R

Engine detailing questions

While working through our restomod of our 86, and the R&R of the cooling lines, I'm pulling and cleaning parts off the engine now. It's never going to be a concours-100-pointer, but while I'm knocking the 33 year patina off the parts, I figure it's just as easy to go back fairly accurate as it is to just paint everything semi-gloss black.

I've pulled the upper intake off to get to the injectors, and in doing so, pulled a couple of brackets off the car. The throttle cable mounting bracket and the fuel line mounting bracket appear to have remnants of cadmium plating. Is this correct? If so, I have a cad plating effect paint I can coat the things with to help dress up the engine compartment a bit.

Additionally, there are some studs that I _think_ held the upper intake on and mounted the fuel line bracket to. Those studs have nuts on the upper part that appear to be painted blue:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bolt with stud.JPG 
Views:	3 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	46822

Not sure it it's OEM, or done by an owner, maybe even me when we did the head gasket many years ago. If they're supposed to be blue, any idea what blue? Thanks.
    Gene Beaird,
    86 2R SVO, G Stock,
    Pearland, Texas

SVO's: 2 - 9Ls
    The cad plating on the throttle and fuel rail brackets are correct. The nuts on top of the upper intake bolts/studs are light blue from the factory. I don't know the correct paint code. I believe it has been discussed before, so you might search for blue to find it.
    Mike S

'86 SVO 9L Leather
    '86 SVO 9L Road Warrior
    '96 300ZXTT

SVO's: 86 1C
    Yep, blue nuts for the win (ha,ha). Those always were a fun discussion point years ago. I used light Ford blue for mine, likely the wrong color, but in the general shade group, FWIW. Below is the only pic I have of my engine here at work, but you can see the blue bugger on the outer corner of the intake.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Engine Compartment - Full_2015-12.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	216.7 KB 
ID:	46823
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

Thanks for the updates. That helps. While cleaning the oil tube from the breather to the inlet of the turbo, I discovered it had a hole rubbed into it. Hoping I can just solder that up. I _can_ bend a new one, but am hoping to not have to.
    Gene Beaird,
    86 2R SVO, G Stock,
    Pearland, Texas

6 PSI Boost
    SVO's: 1986 2R
    The tube I think that you are talking about is always in vacuum. I had a minor spot on mine, probably in the same place, and wrapped in with some 3M fiberglass high-temp electrical tape. That tape hardens when it get hot.

The nut is almost a powder blue. I think that what you have is probably factory.

Sammy

Sammy,

Thanks for the replies. I found some Ford Light Blue engine enamel in my inventory, and will probably use that for those nuts. I'm still planning to try to solder the hole up, then cover it with some plastic wiring loom to hide the repair/protect the tube.
    Gene Beaird,
    86 2R SVO, G Stock,
    Pearland, Texas