SVO's: '86 2R

Fuel pressure regulator GASKET?!?

While I have everything apart to clean and paint, the fuel pressure regulator gasket is looking a bit tired. I am having zero luck searching for just the gasket.

Anyone know if they can be had separately, and if so, from whom? Thank you.
    Gene Beaird,
    86 2R SVO, G Stock,
    Pearland, Texas

SVO's: 86 1C
    Gene, you need to brush up on your interwebs search skillz I will admit, it did take me a few tries to find something, but I found a seal kit on Rock Auto under the "Fuel Injection Pressure Regulator Seal" section of our cars from Standard Motor Products (HK9326) for $5.50. Looks like NPD offers either just the flat seal (M-9C977-2) or both a flat seal and o-ring (M-9C977-2B). The '2B' kit is apparently from Standard Motor Products as well, so likely the same thing as Rock Auto for a couple more bucks.

For the price and considering you are dealing with a 34 year old diaphragm part, you may want to consider tossing on a whole new regulator which comes with a new set of seals...just say'in...
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

Ted, the current FPR is ‘new’. It was a cheaty adjustable unit we installed when we were autocrossing it regularly. And yeah, replacements aren’t expensive, and I could add some bling with a billet unit, since rules compatibility is no longer an issue. I may still go that route, but I am trying to at least show some budgetary responsibility.

I was just getting frustrated that my Google-fu was failing so badly. So ‘seal kit’ is the secret handshake? I was looking for ‘gasket’, since most FPR kits showed the ‘gasket’ and o-ring in the list of included bits. Thank you.
    Last edited by gbeaird; 01-06-2020 at 09:35 AM.
    Gene Beaird,
    86 2R SVO, G Stock,
    Pearland, Texas

SVO's: 86 1C
    What is funny is I initially found it using 'gasket' but through an image link rather than a text, that got me to the LMR link and Standard Motor Products info. That took me to Rock Auto, where I found it under the break out listing there too. All the searching I do at work for reverse engineering old tools/equipment has taught me to be very diligent in my searches to the point of near insanity and some 'strange' terms that lead to success.
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

My luck seems to be getting more miss than hit, lately. I used to be pretty good at it, but I think a lot of it has to do with tagging done by vendors. My search for a 'Mustang fuel pressure regulator gasket', for instance, returned way more Honduh FPRs than I care to mention. :-/

Thank you for your efforts. Cheap little part but dang was it frustrating trying to find it. I could have probably searched longer, and would have when I got time, but figured I'd check here to see if anyone happened to have the part number handy, or even tell me that there's no way to get it without a new regulator, which I was starting to think.
    Gene Beaird,
    86 2R SVO, G Stock,
    Pearland, Texas

Got it from Rock Auto. I was already there ordering a replacement water pump that I thought would look like the original. It wasn't, but the seals look good. Funny, I could order 1 for $5 and change, and 3 for $5 and a little more change. Figured I wouldn't corner the market on the things, so just got one. I guess I could have and funded my hobby by selling the spares off. I could become a dollaraire!! Mwahahahahahah!!

But I didn't. You can thank me now.
    Gene Beaird,
    86 2R SVO, G Stock,
    Pearland, Texas