12 PSI Boost
    SVO's: 1986 work in progres

wiring connector question

The first picture is the transmission connector I believe the 2 red wires got to the transmission switch but where does the white wire go can find picture from disconnect photos.
    The second picture shows to connectors on drivers side by battery again have lack of pictures any help would be appreciated
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0518.jpg   IMG_0521 (1).jpg  

12 PSI Boost
    I believe picture 2 are the connectors for the EEC-IV i believe but correct me if im wrong

SVO's: 86-1C & 86-1E
    yeah the 2nd pic is the ECC TEST CONNECTOR. it's under the coil cover, next tot he shock tower.
    I can't tell enough about the first pic to tell where / what it is. kinda looks like the connector that attaches to the T5.

the EEC test connector is for plugging in to something like this.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200315_111424.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	346.7 KB 
ID:	47022

the other connector is under the tunnel. reverse lights, and neutral switch, 75% sure on that one.
    Eric C
    SVOCA Webmaster

12 PSI Boost
    Yes Eric that is the connector for the t5. I lost the other part but can get it online. It has 2 wires on it which i believe connect to the red wires. I have no idea what the white wire connects to.

as I recall (off the top of my head) -- the red wires just loop.

I think the white wire goes to the clutch switch, I'm looking through wiring diagrams to see if I can find it.
    Eric C
    SVOCA Webmaster

SVO's: 86 1C
    Here you guys go, I scanned in the 86 EVTM below along with a pic that I found with my own 86 connector. The color code on the 84 may be slightly different, but the circuit should be identical.

The red wire is definitely looped and there should also be 2 more wires in the connector, which go out and back from the tranny switch. The EVTM also notes that Connector C107 should have 4 terminals. It also states that the connector should be brown and it is certainly gray. Hope this helps.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Manual - EVTM_Backup Lights_pg41.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	172.4 KB 
ID:	47023 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Electrical - Reverse Switch Connector.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	109.4 KB 
ID:	47024
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

12 PSI Boost
    Thanks. i will have to see if I can find one somewhere at local junk yard. There isn't any where I live I will have to check junk yards in Detroit if I can get across border with all the new virus closures.

12 PSI Boost
    Could you change / update those connections to a weather pack or similar style of modern connector?

12 PSI Boost
    i dont know i would have to look at later model connector it seems that this is a 86 and earlier connector

SVO's: 86 1C
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrugated View Post
    Could you change / update those connections to a weather pack or similar style of modern connector?
    That may be the 'better' option, since you are having to get a replacement connector/pigtail. I changed a couple of connectors in my engine compartment a few years ago due to temperature degradation behind the intercooler. You can see how that went over in my "17 years and counting" project thread. For this location you would need a 4-pin connector.
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

SVO's: '86 2R
    Quote Originally Posted by svono50 View Post
    That may be the 'better' option, since you are having to get a replacement connector/pigtail. I changed a couple of connectors in my engine compartment a few years ago due to temperature degradation behind the intercooler. You can see how that went over in my "17 years and counting" project thread. For this location you would need a 4-pin connector.
    Definitely better. If you try to butt-splice that connector back in, you add two connections per wire in that plug, which provide two more opportunities per wire for failure down the road due to fatigue/heat-cycling/corrosion. Adding the appropriate terminal to the end of the cut wires and inserting them into the appropriate connector housing would be much more reliable.

Unless you're going for a 100-point concours car, this would be the more reliable route, IMHO.
    Gene Beaird,
    86 2R SVO, G Stock,
    Pearland, Texas

I am firmly against butt-splices, and won't buy a car that I see them in the wiring...
    solder and heat-shrink is the only way to go for that kind of stuff.
    Eric C
    SVOCA Webmaster

12 PSI Boost

I have some, Ive not tried them yet...
    Eric C
    SVOCA Webmaster

SVO's: 86 2R
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRetired1 View Post
    Yes! They're awesome if you get the good ones, and you follow the procedure EXACTLY as instructed.
    When done correctly, it's very good connection, and you physically cannot pull it apart.
    Watch out for the cheap knock-offs, those are junk. If the the price is ridiculously low vs all the others, there's a reason.

I still shrink wrap over the top for aesthetics.
    "If there's no plan, what can go wrong...?"