Just a bit of BOOST

Question Fuel Injector Equivalents

Hey All,

Does anyone know of a new(er) injector that can be swapped in place of the stock 30# units, with the stock PJ ECM? I was able to find (7) 30# injectors and had them cleaned and tested, but was told that none of them meet the specifications. I've scoured through Ebay and Craigslist to try and find something that could work, but I'm at a bit of a loss and not sure what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

SVO's: 86-1C & 86-1E
    The bigger trick to injectors on SVO's -- they use Low Impedance injectors (2.3ohms if memory serves). Where most of your more modern injectors are high impedance (12-14 ohms range).
    The 30# hr flow converts to about 309 cc/min -- but you won't get the correct flow if a high impedance injector is used -- also fair possibility of burning killing the injector driver in the computer.

what may be a better idea, maybe even more cost effective...
    Buy a extra set of used 30# injectors here (or elsewhere, they can be found fairly cheap)
    Send them to someone that does injector cleaning -- we have a vendor that does that for us, SVPU.com --
    send them 8 injectors, they clean and flow them all, and using the flow ratings, you grab the 4 injectors that have the best/closest performance.
    you then have 4 cleaned spares, to sell or to keep just in case.
    Eric C
    SVOCA Webmaster

SVO's: 2 - 9Ls
    Looks like rock auto has some re-manufactured units.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...33660&jsn=2267
    Mike S

'86 SVO 9L Leather
    '86 SVO 9L Road Warrior
    '96 300ZXTT

SVO's: '86 2R
    Quote Originally Posted by SVOeric View Post
    The bigger trick to injectors on SVO's -- they use Low Impedance injectors (2.3ohms if memory serves). Where most of your more modern injectors are high impedance (12-14 ohms range).
    The 30# hr flow converts to about 309 cc/min -- but you won't get the correct flow if a high impedance injector is used -- also fair possibility of burning killing the injector driver in the computer.

what may be a better idea, maybe even more cost effective...
    Buy a extra set of used 30# injectors here (or elsewhere, they can be found fairly cheap)
    Send them to someone that does injector cleaning -- we have a vendor that does that for us, SVPU.com --
    send them 8 injectors, they clean and flow them all, and using the flow ratings, you grab the 4 injectors that have the best/closest performance.
    you then have 4 cleaned spares, to sell or to keep just in case.
    To add: Paul's team turns the injector cleaning/testing service usually in one business day. It took forever for _me_ to send our set to them, but we got them back very quickly, with new pintle caps and o-rings. SVPU may even have a source for new injectors if yours fail. Definitely a source to check.
    Gene Beaird,
    86 2R SVO, G Stock,
    Pearland, Texas

12 PSI Boost
    I had my 4 original injectors tested and cleaned (locally here in Canada) last year, out of my 85.5. 1 turned out to be no longer usable. I reluctantly bought a re-manned Autoline / OEM injector and installed it, only to have it also leak fuel at the body. I then bought and installed 4 new injectors from Rock Auto (I believe they were the Standard brand) and those have worked well ever since. I assume they are the 35lb equivalent.

SVO's: 86 2R
    I have purchased several sets of injectors over the years from Racetronix with 100% satisfaction.
    "If there's no plan, what can go wrong...?"

SVO's: 86-1C & 86-1E
    Remember 35# are 85.5 / 86, 30# are 84 / 85 -- just don't want to get people confused that they are interchangeable, cause they really arent
    Eric C
    SVOCA Webmaster