Thread: SN95 LCA & Alignment?

SN95 LCA & Alignment?

People who have done the sn95 LCA swap with stock spindles, did you have to get caster/camber plates to get the alignment to work? I'd like to keep the onion head, but I don't want to pay twice for the alignment. Seems to be driving fine but I'm not sure how its affecting the tires when they are junk anyway. Thanks.
    86 SVO
    89 LX 5.0
    88 Saleen 351-blown
    99 Saleen

SVO's: '86 2R
    Can't answer the specific question, but will note that there is a fair amount of adjustment in the factory upper plates, so you may be okay there. Additonally, with a proper alignment, you can drive with a fair amount of negative camber and still have decent life from the front tires. I think we're at about -1.5 deg on our Tahoe PPV, and have seen very little additional wear on the front tires. I'd probably be smart and do a tire rotation now, but really am seeing no additional wear.

I'd say try a good alignment and see how it goes. You may want to wait until someone responds with this mod, but I'd think it would be worth a try.
    Gene Beaird,
    86 2R SVO, G Stock,
    Pearland, Texas

SVO's: 86-1C & 86-1E
    so long as the shop is willing to 'drill out' the factory rivet. Had one place tell me (several years ago) 'it's not adjustable'
    Eric C
    SVOCA Webmaster

Drill? A hammer and small chisel or flat blade screwdriver takes care of those little rivets in a hurry. LOL
    84 SVO 1E, option delete 11/83 prod.
    95 Jaguar XJR
    17 Mustang GT PP coupe

SVO's: 86-1C & 86-1E
    That's why drill out was in quotes.. those things were so soft, you can take care of them with a pocket knife
    Eric C
    SVOCA Webmaster

SVO's: '86 2R
    They weren't on our car when we got it. But then again, a LOT of stuff wasn't on our car when we got it.
    Gene Beaird,
    86 2R SVO, G Stock,
    Pearland, Texas