Thread: I waved goodbye

SVO's: 86-1C & 86-1E

I waved goodbye

Well I waved goodby to one today...

I'm not used to this feeling of seeing them leave...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200515_134214.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	397.8 KB 
ID:	47155

Anyway, I know it's going to a good home, (Chris Hadden) hopefully to be green again.

for those keeping score at home
    Eric I'm not down to 3 svo's
    Eric C
    SVOCA Webmaster

the well known PIA VIN guy Ken Potter's Avatar
    SVO's: 84,85,85.5,86x2
    Congratulations. I wish I was waving goodbye to mine.

SVO's: 84 U3
    Yep, I know how that feels. I had 6 at one time. Sold the other 85.5 last Fall and planning on selling the last one this year. I will be SVO-less for the 1st time since 1988. Whew, that IS a long time.
    PETRO EXPRESS=CITGO=BOYCOTT / Illinois - Taxation w/o Representation!

SVO's: 84 9W, 85 1B
    I sold my 84 a couple of months ago, and had that sad sinking feeling as I watched the transporter leave with it. I wasn't really shedding a tear, it was raining that day.
    Perry Mitchell
    SVOCA#187

the well known PIA VIN guy Ken Potter's Avatar
    SVO's: 84,85,85.5,86x2
    Some people may recognize this guy. This was my 86 4E Comp Prep. It went the best home possible. It is parked next to the only other 86 4E CP. A few hours drive and I can visit it if I want to.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 86 4E Comp Preps.jpg   86 4E Comp Prep 6.jpg   86 4E Comp Prep 5.jpg  

SVO's: 86 1C
    Eric, at least you know it is going to a good home! While I haven't had to wave goodbye to an SVO, I have waved goodbye to 3 former DD's and it is a 'strange' feeling, considering the shortest run with each one was 8 years. You kind of get attached to the little buggers...
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

The ONLY reason I let it go was because I knew it was going to a good home.

It took over 2 years to find 'the buyer' for this one. I have another that needs a home soon too ...
    Eric C
    SVOCA Webmaster

12 PSI Boost
    I gotta ask why are you guys selling them all the sudden just getting tired of messing with them ? I remember about 10 years ago when i got my first svo there was plenty of aftermarket which a lot of them are now gone and a decent selection of used cars you could buy. Its amazing how much its changed and you can slowly see it changing more and more. The 84 i have now is far from show room condition but a great DD. I for sure have more in it than its worth, but, my son who live in FL, he is 24. i told him when i cant drive it anymore or croak which ever comes first its your car and DO NOT SELL IT. I want him to have something from me to him. So... im gonna try to hold on to this one for a long time and keep it in good running shape.
    84' SVO

It was certainly never my intention to sell, the plan was to fix this one. The last couple of years have made it clear to me that 3 SVO's is the amount of SVO's I can maintain. The 4th one was sitting and rotting..
    Rather than letting it continue to rot into nothing, I thought it would be better to get it into the hands of someone who would do something with it, before it rotted.

It had to be the right person, and I think I found that person, because that SVO is going to be labor of love to get going again.
    Eric C
    SVOCA Webmaster

SVO's: 86 1C
    Congrats on the sale Eric. Chris H has already posted about it on FB, didn't realize that he bought if from you.
    86 SVO 1C