6 PSI Boost
    SVO's: 1986 1D

Hello from north Florida!

Hello everyone, kinda new here. Iíve got a 1986 SVO I acquired back in February, I traded my 1966 Thunderbird rust bucket for it after third gear quit. Iíve been modifying it here and there during my weekends with the goal being to make it my daily driver/autocross toy by this fall.

So far I have done:
    -1995 GT spindles and control arms with Cobra brakes
    -dual core radiator
    -Pro 5.0 shifter
    -Shorty console
    -17x7.5 et43 steelies I had laying around from a vic
    -A whole lot of maintenance, as it had been sitting since 2011-2ish

Currently in process:
    -2001 Cobra IRS swap
    -1993 Cobra R master cylinder, since Iíll have cobra brakes all around
    -UPR caster/camber plates

Future plans:
    -subframe connectors
    -3Ē Stinger turbo back
    -cone filter
    -aftermarket temp/boost/oil pressure gauges
    -03-04 cobra Bilsteins, because some idiot put Monroeís on the car.
    -225/45R17 Federal ss595 tires, rn it has some old as **** pilot sports on it we took off at work

- - - Updated - - -

Realized after the initial post I was missing a photo of it, probably should add one
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 82157DD9-EDE4-410C-843E-3F2BFB19A3B4.jpeg  

SVO's: 86 1E
    Sounds like your motivated. Keep us posted.
    Bruce

6 PSI Boost
    I definitely am motivated. I’m going to need to be able to drive it this fall because my grand marquis doesn’t fit into Campus parking spaces, and with all this down time when better to do upgrades as I fix it?

SVO's: '86 2R
    Welcome! What class you fitting into with all those mods? CAM? Sounds like you're well on your way to C Prepared! Welcome to C Prepared!!

Those steel wheels won't help on the autocross track. They'll take too much energy to just turn. Didn't know the CV had the came bolt pattern as the SVO. Good to know. ;-)
    Gene Beaird,
    86 2R SVO, G Stock,
    Pearland, Texas

6 PSI Boost
    I was shooting for CAM, yeah. IRS won’t happen though now because I lost all brake pressure moving it onto the driveway his afternoon, rear ended my dad’s MKX. Gonna have to sell that off instead of installing it to fix some of that

SVO's: 86 1C
    Welcome and bummer on the accident, hopefully the SVO didn't suffer much damage. Those steelies are an interesting look on the SVO, never saw that combo before. Since the IRS seems to be out of the picture, you could at least upgrade to a Panhard to keep the rear waggle down for a lower budget. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

6 PSI Boost
    Itís a combination of necessity tbh that is really growing on me, the factory wheels wouldnít fit over the cobra fronts and had 14 year old rubber on them. Might do panhard and some other stuff in the future, we will see once the dust settles. Right now most of my lights are busted bad, the hood is bent out of shape, header panel is gone, and I need to pull the radiator support back out.

SVO's: 86 1C
    Oh man, that is a total kick in the head, sorry to hear of the setback! Hope you can keep at it and get back to where you were sooner than later, good luck on the additional project.
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

SVO's: 86 1C X2
    When I bought my first 86 SVO (1E), it was the previous owners winter ride (yeah I know). He had steel wheels for it. I forget what or where he got them from, I think they were 15" though.