Thread: Manual for 1984 SVO

Just a bit of BOOST

Manual for 1984 SVO

I recently purchased an 84 SVO. It appears there were multiple manuals (i.e., emissions, powertrain, body, etc...) that were issued by Ford -- and then there are a couple aftermarket more general manuals like Chilton or Haynes. I'm looking for a manual to give me more depth primarily on engine/electrical issues. Are the Haynes type aftermarket manuals a waste of money (because they are not really turbo car specific)? Can someone that owns or has seen the Ford manuals opine as to whether they are worth the money? Thanks for any valuable thoughts.

SVO's: 1986 1C, sunroof
    I found a Ford published 2.3L Turbocharged Engine Manual from "Ford Parts and Service Division Training and Publications Department". Found it on a forum - but I don't think on SVOCA - in PDF form. Its pretty detailed even though there are a few topics I had to find info on elsewhere in the forums.

It doesn't have any copyrights notices on it so it should be safe to upload here. Or I could direct email to you.

Just a bit of BOOST
    spt87a -- I would appreciate a copy of the pdf -- thanks!

Just a bit of BOOST
    Definitely worth the money when hunting down failed individual components. Throwing new parts at a problem is hard when it takes a few days to get a new part via the mail.

SVO's: 1986 1C, sunroof
    Hi all, here is a link to the manual on Onedrive. It is a zip file with a PDF of the manual inside. Any trouble getting it let me know.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtHCtG1lKIL-god62aD09FR8UpOGgg?e=4AHZK1

Just a bit of BOOST
    Quote Originally Posted by spt87a View Post
    Hi all, here is a link to the manual on Onedrive. It is a zip file with a PDF of the manual inside. Any trouble getting it let me know.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtHCtG1lKIL-god62aD09FR8UpOGgg?e=4AHZK1
    Thank you for the link!

the well known PIA VIN guy Ken Potter's Avatar
    SVO's: 84,85,85.5,86x2
    ...and if somebody is looking for the actual Ford Service manuals for an 86 I have them for sale. See my ad in the Parts for Sale section.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_8837.JPG