Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    SVO's: 1986 1C, sunroof

New Member from Cape Cod

Hi, purchased a 1986 1C with cloth interior and sunroof in Mid May. Been on the forums ever since and then sent in my membership application which was just finalized.

I love fox bodies having owned them singly or multiply in one form or another continuously from approx. 1989 until selling my 1986 LX 5.0 in 2013 after 19 years of ownership. I was foxless during the intervening 7 years.

From the mid-90's I always knew I wanted an SVO someday and that day finally came. This one has 60,000 miles, super clean interior and exterior, all original except for sub frame connectors, lower suspension brace and some general maintenance replacement parts over the years. I have what appears to be all the receipts going back to the original sales receipt from Dick Masheter Ford in Columbus OH. This car spent time in OH, then CA and I picked it up from the previous owner near Philadelphia. Drove it home (some 350 miles) without a problem.

My other fox bodies over the years: 1984 Mustang L (2.3L 1 barrel carb with 3 speed auto), 1982 Mustang Coupe (4 Cyl, 4 speed manual) and the 1986 Mustang LX 5.0, 4spd auto with t-tops purchased in 1994 with 50,000 miles for $5,000 - put 110,000 on it during my ownership. Along with Mustangs, for fox bodies I've had 3 Fairmonts (all with the straight 6, 3 spd auto) and, although not mine, my father had a 1987 T-bird Turbo Coupe which was a show car for him with under 15,000 miles.

Along with driving it, my main interest is in keeping this SVO OEM and maintaining it myself as much as possible. So far I've only had to do a couple minor things: new radiator, new boost control vacuum lines/correct the boost control connections which were reversed, and replacing original halogen headlamp bulbs with LEDs. Next on the list is new speakers (no holes will be cut for sure - will just put in place of the stock ones) and the factory radio needs some bulbs replaced. I also wash it a lot (haha) by hand only. Just did clay bar followed by Turtlewax back to black treatment to prep it for the 4th of July.

Looking forward to learning more from and hopefully being able to contribute to SVOCA. Here is a pic just after the back to black treatment sitting next to my 1999 Expedition which got the back to black treatment first as a test run.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4610.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	479.4 KB 
ID:	47273
    Last edited by spt87a; 07-13-2020 at 11:54 AM.