SVO's: 86 1C X2

86 Mustang SVO 9L Comp Prep Ebay

the well known PIA VIN guy Ken Potter's Avatar
    SVO's: 84,85,85.5,86x2
    I wonder if this is Casey Blackburn's old CP.

SVO's: 86 1C
    So were the center dash vents 'standard' on 86 Comp Preps? I noticed the manual vent pulls, which would match up with the non-A/C, but the center vents are odd to me. Also spotted that the glove box hatch release isn't there, so I guess that was also part of the 'delete' list? Interesting that a Police Package speedo resides in the dash.
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

the well known PIA VIN guy Ken Potter's Avatar
    SVO's: 84,85,85.5,86x2
    Yes on the AC vents and no hatch release. Only the 84s had the center AC vents missing.

I didn't notice the speedo being swapped for the Police unit. Not really liking that. Also blade style Konis and a few other under hood things changed from stock. Sure do miss my CPs.

SVO's: 86 1C
    Ken, that speedo brings the actual miles into question for certain...but looking at the condition of the car doesn't reflect 450,000 miles in any case. I spotted the rears were replaced, but didn't notice the new fronts (i.e.- blade style) adjusters. Did you also notice the aluminum radiator with plastic end tanks or the Gillis valve or the 3 belt crank pulley or the holes in the side of the driver's side frame rail...since we are talking details?? If you go to Gateway's listing on their own site, you get >100 pics for more details.
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4