Thread: New from nc

Just a bit of BOOST

New from nc

Hey all,

I currently have a 84 svo that is being neglected. It has a boport stage 3 head/cam on it with pimpxs . The problem is I lack the motivation after i found rust in the driver frame rail. It sat for 8 years before me and i had it running and driving for a year before I tore it down to put all the new parts on,and its been in the garage for a year collecting dust.
    I need motivation!

SVO's: '86 2R
    Welcome! Ours hasn't run for probably more than a year now, since I've pulled the cooling system off to replace all of it. Hopefully that changes soon, as I'm finally starting to get it back together, even though there's more I'd like to do on it, I'm feeling it needs to run, more than be perfect. Before that, it sat for a few years while we replaced much of the interior and bolted the exterior parts back on after the body work and repaint. It sat so long, I got to replace the entire fuel tank assembly, pump and filter. It's also going back together with restored injectors (Thanks, Paul!). Work usually slows during the summer, because it's so hot in the shop, but in the winter, we're usually concentrating on year-end projects on the race car, so all our time then is taken up with it. I'm focusing more fan power on the SVO now to help with the heat, so I can get more done.

I keep reminding myself how fun this car is to drive, which keeps my interest in completing the reassembly up. We're also thinking that the spot it is in in the shop is where the lift will eventually go, so it would be nice to have a vehicle that's easy to move there.

So get out there and get back to work!!! How's that for motivation?
    Gene Beaird,
    86 2R SVO, G Stock,
    Pearland, Texas

SVO's: 86 1C
    I think Gene covered the motivation bit better than I certainly can...but I have only been tinkering with my 86 for coming up on 29 years now (sheesh, time flies!), so you are just getting started! Welcome to the forum and hope you find your inspiration to get your SVO back on the roads...sounds like it may be a bit of a beast with the mods you noted.
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

SVO's: 86-1C & 86-1E
    I'm just here to say -- without pics, it didn't happen (the story of my youth, thank goodness)
    Eric C
    SVOCA Webmaster

Just a bit of BOOST
    Quote Originally Posted by SVOeric View Post
    I'm just here to say -- without pics, it didn't happen (the story of my youth, thank goodness)
    Sorry state that its in currently. Sits next to my turbo honda that i also havent touched. This "life" thing keeps getting in the way,and the pandemic doesnt help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20180216_212930.jpg