6 PSI Boost
    SVO's: 86 Jalapeno Red SVO

Suitable Injector Replacement?

Hi: Can anyone tell if the 'Standard Motor Products FJ20 Fuel Injector' is a suitable replacement for the stock fuel injector for my 1986 SVO? The number imprinted on the side of the brown plastic is 'E5ZE-A3A'. I just sent an inquiry off to SVPU to see if I could get a rough estimate to have the current injectors cleaned but would also consider putting in four new injectors if I can find compatible replacements. Thanks

SVO's: 86-1C & 86-1E
    biggest thing with SVO injectors, they need to be low impedance. if they are low impedance, and +-10% the 35# (for 85.5 and 85, 30# for 84-85) flow rating, they will work fine.
    taking a quick look, nowhere does it list impedance on anything I see (or flow for that matter)
    says it works, but it's honestly a shot in the dark, unless you can find more detailed specs than I can.
    Eric C
    SVOCA Webmaster

6 PSI Boost

Suitable Injector Replacement

Thanks Eric! Unfortunately most of the available injectors I've found where the ad states "they'll fit a 86 Mustang SVO" provides no further information about 'impedance" or "flow rate". I decided to send my four off to SVPU. The cost per injector for cleaning/rebuild is $18.00 per Paul at SVPU. Very reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by SVOeric View Post
    biggest thing with SVO injectors, they need to be low impedance. if they are low impedance, and +-10% the 35# (for 85.5 and 85, 30# for 84-85) flow rating, they will work fine.
    taking a quick look, nowhere does it list impedance on anything I see (or flow for that matter)
    says it works, but it's honestly a shot in the dark, unless you can find more detailed specs than I can.

SVO's: '86 2R
    Quote Originally Posted by MustangsMilden View Post
    Thanks Eric! Unfortunately most of the available injectors I've found where the ad states "they'll fit a 86 Mustang SVO" provides no further information about 'impedance" or "flow rate". I decided to send my four off to SVPU. The cost per injector for cleaning/rebuild is $18.00 per Paul at SVPU. Very reasonable.
    AND quick! You'll send them off, then be wondering what is in the box you just received a couple of days later. They will be ready to install when you pull them out of the box.
    Gene Beaird,
    86 2R SVO, G Stock,
    Pearland, Texas

SVO's: 86 1C
    I don't know why manufacturers don't list up detailed information about their products...but then again, there are a lot of 'zombies' out there that just click and order without really questioning what they are purchasing. We are just a unique brew here... Your idea to send your set to Paul is a good one, as he can do a quick job in getting them cleaned up for you and you won't have to guess or hope you have the right injectors going back in!

Anywho, I shot an email off to Standard Products asking the detailed flow and impedance and got an answer back the same day...I was actually shocked! They gave me a screen shot of what looks like a lab report for the FJ20 injector, so keep that in mind. For anyone's future reference, the FJ20 injector information is as such:

Test Volts = 14.0
    Test Pressure = 2.7 bar (39.16 psi)
    Fluid = Stoddard (standardized solvent used in calibrating fuel system components)
    Impedance = 2.35 ohms
    Dynamic Flow (2.5mS @ 100HZ) = 49.92 g/min or 6.60 lb/hr or 64.83 cc/min or 1.08 cc/sec
    Static Flow (10mS @ 100HZ) = 252.30 g/min or 33.37 lb/hr or 327.66 cc/min or 5.46 cc/sec

So it looks like they are suitable replacements for our stock units, as the 33.37 lb/hr is within 5% of the factory listed 35 lb/hr rating of our injectors along with the proper low impedance. YMMV.
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

6 PSI Boost

Suitable Injector Replacements

Thanks for contacting Standard to get the specs. Nice to know their injectors are a suitable replacement for the stock ones.

Take care.

Quote Originally Posted by svono50 View Post
    I don't know why manufacturers don't list up detailed information about their products...but then again, there are a lot of 'zombies' out there that just click and order without really questioning what they are purchasing. We are just a unique brew here... Your idea to send your set to Paul is a good one, as he can do a quick job in getting them cleaned up for you and you won't have to guess or hope you have the right injectors going back in!

Anywho, I shot an email off to Standard Products asking the detailed flow and impedance and got an answer back the same day...I was actually shocked! They gave me a screen shot of what looks like a lab report for the FJ20 injector, so keep that in mind. For anyone's future reference, the FJ20 injector information is as such:

Test Volts = 14.0
    Test Pressure = 2.7 bar (39.16 psi)
    Fluid = Stoddard (standardized solvent used in calibrating fuel system components)
    Impedance = 2.35 ohms
    Dynamic Flow (2.5mS @ 100HZ) = 49.92 g/min or 6.60 lb/hr or 64.83 cc/min or 1.08 cc/sec
    Static Flow (10mS @ 100HZ) = 252.30 g/min or 33.37 lb/hr or 327.66 cc/min or 5.46 cc/sec

So it looks like they are suitable replacements for our stock units, as the 33.37 lb/hr is within 5% of the factory listed 35 lb/hr rating of our injectors along with the proper low impedance. YMMV.

SVO's: 86 1C
    No problem, you peaked my interest with the note and I was curious as to whether or not they would give up the info. Seems like most places these days like to keep detailed info like that behind the proverbial curtain.
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

12 PSI Boost
    Hi MustangsMilden,

I used the Standard FJ20's in my 85.5 last year and they worked great. I had my originals tested and cleaned and 1 was no longer useable. I then reluctantly tried a remanufactured Autoline / OEM injector and it leaked at the body between the plastic and metal injector housing upon installation. I've kept my original 3 as spares and have been using the FJ20's ever since with no issues.
    85.5 1E in the house.

6 PSI Boost
    Very happy with the service SVPU provided with the injector cleaning. Two of the four sent off to SVPU ended up being faulty. Paul from SVPU gave me two replacements at a very reasonable price and now all four injectors meet the same specs..