Thread: 84 SVO for sale

12 PSI Boost
    SVO's: 1984 SVO

84 SVO for sale

I posted this yesterday on the SVO Facebook website if anyone is interested:

I regretfully am going to have to part with my 84 SVO. Times are tough and I am hoping my loss will benefit someone who appreciates the SVO.
    My car is a true survivor. It is all an original low milage car that has been well taken care of. Just 32k miles and always garage kept, never driven in bad weather. The car runs great. With the exception of the AC, which is R12 & needs a charge, everything on this car works perfect. Even the clock & original stereo. The paint is original and there is no rust on this car. The only modification to the car are subframe connectors. When I got the car it had been in long term storage, as a result I replaced the timing belt, tires and a few other parts that suffered from dry rot. I have service records, various SVO books & memorabilia and including one signed by Mario Andretti, who once owned an SVO. I am putting it on SVO websites 1st in hope that it will go to someone that appreciates what it is. Also I thought those of you here might give me an idea of what it is worth.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1984 SVO.jpg   SVO tag.jpg  

18 PSI Boost
    SVO's: (2)'84's, (2) '86's
    Has this car been sold?

12 PSI Boost
    No, I have not had anyone look at it yet.

18 PSI Boost
    SVO's: (2)'84's, (2) '86's
    Have the cash to do this and attempting to decide.
    I am in SC and may decide to transport it. I am retired and still want a a SVO If you can send more particulars what is needed. Are tires the original gatorbacks? Have the carfax?

SVO's: 1986 1C, sunroof
    Beautiful car - love the color. Good luck with the sale. If I didn't already have one I would be seriously considering this one.

What its worth - pluses are the low miles, original paint and overall pristine condition. Not sure how rare the grey/silver color is but most of the ones I see for sale are black, white or red (mine is black) - so I'd think the color would boost the value a bit as well. Only negative to me is the year as I like the 86's with the improvements Ford made but that is me.

Just for an idea - I looked at a 1986 in May 2020 with 22,000 miles, super clean in and out, leather, black no sunroof that needed some things (exhaust work, A/C not working, wing and spoiler had been painted wrong colors, inside bottom of drivers door had some rust starting; also had zero documentation with it) but otherwise all original other than normal maintenance items (tires, belts, etc.) with asking price of 21,999. Its been for sale over a year and has still not sold. The one I bought was 58,000 miles also super clean, cloth, black with sunroof no issues and ready to drive. All original (again, with newer tires, belts, etc) and well documented from original sales receipt and all maintenance records/receipts. Had subframe connectors and cross frame brace added and new OEM style exhaust. Asking price was 15,000 I paid 14,000. Looking at the recent Hagerty valuation guide. An 84 SVO in rated 1 condition is listed as 21,500 and in condition 2 is 14,300. I'd say ask somewhere between those two numbers and if you keep it on the lower side of course it will sell faster.

To the last poster - in the original post he said he replaced tires due to dry rot. Pretty doubtful that tires from 1984 would still be useful.

12 PSI Boost
    I have a CARFAX, lots of pictures, service records etc. You can email me at r1624k452@aol.com. Also I did these 2 videos in preparation to sell. https://youtu.be/iZ7Cz4_puZo. https://youtu.be/S-GzxBoDLSo.

SVO's: 84 - 2A
    Great looking car. Looks like it sold and hope it went to a good caretaker.
    84 SVO 2A
    83 TBird TC & 5.0
    and a few other Fords

12 PSI Boost
    Went to an SVO enthusiast, svobrad took it home yesterday

SVO's: 84 - 2A
    Great! Cars like this need to live on and be cared for. Hopefully svobrad will continue to share the car with us.
    84 SVO 2A
    83 TBird TC & 5.0
    and a few other Fords