4 PSI Boost
    SVO's: 1FABP28T4GF175198

Emergency brake sticking

Drove my 86 home from a shop after getting work body work done and the rear brakes were smoking. Seems they used the Emergency brake and they were stuck which caused the brakes to smoke. Any suggestions on how to fix or help loosen the cable and lever to keep from sticking?

Todd

SVO's: '86 2R
    That's a relatively-common thing with these cars. You'll want to replace the e-brake cables to the caliper. I _think_ they're unique to the SVO, but could be mistaken.
    Gene Beaird,
    86 2R SVO, G Stock,
    Pearland, Texas

CJ pony parts have some. I orderd mine from them. They look a fit just like the OEM's
    Todd
    86 SVO
    2nd owner

4 PSI Boost
    SVO's: 1FABP28T4GF175198
    Quote Originally Posted by 8t6svo View Post
    CJ pony parts have some. I orderd mine from them. They look a fit just like the OEM's
    Appreciate everyone's help. I was able to get the cable to loosen up and move freely. Will look on to replacing them as suggested.

SVO's: 1986 1C, sunroof
    I had a similar problem earlier in the summer but it didn't seem to correlate with the ebrake cable 100%. After checking the rear brakes out I found these rubber isolators that are in the caliper pin holes were very degraded - basically goo. Order them from Rockauto - took the brakes apart, replaced those isolators after cleaning off he remnants of the old. Replaced the anti rattle shims on the guides and re-greased everything. Been fine ever since. My ebrake cables were in good shape. Not saying this is your issue but it may be worth just inspecting everything while you are working on it.