Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SVO's: '86 2R
    The fitting on the turbo itself IS pipe thread. A pipe to flare adapter screws into that port, and the end of the cooling line that screws into the adapter is 1/2" flare, IIRC.
    Gene Beaird,
    86 2R SVO, G Stock,
    Pearland, Texas

14 PSI Boost
    SVO's: 1985 1/2 9L
    Quote Originally Posted by gbeaird View Post
    The fitting on the turbo itself IS pipe thread. A pipe to flare adapter screws into that port, and the end of the cooling line that screws into the adapter is 1/2" flare, IIRC.
    Yeah, that is what I have seen too. Neither are metric however, and the link that the OP gives for that water line says that it has M16x1.5 fittings, and the picture shows a straight thread fitting with a copper compression washer. So, I am dubious that this particular water line will work with our OEM turbos. That is not to say that there aren't T3 turbos out there that have water ports that are something other than an American NPT, I'm sure there are, but I'm pretty sure our OEM turbos are not metric.

SVO's: 84 - 2A
    Quote Originally Posted by GAboySVO View Post
    Just an FYI, my brother has worked with a tube company in FL to make duplicates of the Forced Ford Stainless Steel replacements. He will be posting info and part numbers soon.
    That's great news if it works out.
    84 SVO 2A
    83 TBird TC & 5.0
    and a few other Fords

14 PSI Boost
    Hi guys,

I too am having to fix / replace this line on my 85.5. I just replaced the lower (supply?) coolant line going from the block to the turbo and then realized there is a small leak occurring at the return(?) line flare nut end. I see someone previously had this problem and used Teflon tape on the flare nut threads, but I suspect the flared portion of the line is split. I have a used line being sent to me, which I'll inspect and hopefully be able to use when it arrives. Otherwise I'll be looking to see if a local shop can fabricate a hard line or possibly go the s/s braided AN fitting route as previously mentioned.... OP, let me know what you ended up going with and if it worked well for your application...thanks!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210323_092403.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	190.2 KB 
ID:	47539
    85.5 1E in the house.