Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: comp prep cars

SVO's: Several
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto2000 View Post
    I would be intrested in an 84 option delete from NM
    So you're saying that one from CA is less desireable? Contact the guy in post #105.

SVO's: 1985 4E + 1c 84 1e
    I know Eyelawdoc has one for sale I would love to have an 84 option delete car again
    coming from that area both cali or new mexico would be the best condition possible
    only problem is the distance for me. Too bad Dave didnt drag it half way back
    Rob

85 4e

SVO's: 4 86's & 1 85.5
    Quote Originally Posted by THESVOTRUST View Post
    I'm not sure I consider the Mac Tools Car a "comp prep" ! (?)

While it is a delete car and an oddity as getting shot at factory 9L I would rather draw the line with the lack of 41C on the invoice.

Correct me if I am wrong (maybe Kendal, Andy can comment).

Mark
    I was under the impression the Mac car was the only white 84, and the first comp prep. It appears I was wrong about the second part..

James
    << Last place in BOTH Kart races, Knott's '09.

SVO's: 84' canyon , 84 grey
    Some one mentioned that the fire wall was different for non a/c mustangs. Is it visible buy the eye? And what does the 0 Mean in this vin# IFABP28T0EF122057 ? And not the last six digits 0. What should the door tag say if it was a true option delete. I know that is kinda of a stupid question i just want to make sure. Thanks guys.

SVO's: Several
    It is immediately visible. There is no hole where the A/C evaporator goes. The engine ground strap goes to the other side of the firewall. Your "O" is the check digit.

the well known PIA VIN guy Ken Potter's Avatar
    SVO's: 84,85,85.5,86x2
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalminator View Post
    Some one mentioned that the fire wall was different for non a/c mustangs. Is it visible buy the eye? And what does the 0 Mean in this vin# IFABP28T0EF122057 ? And not the last six digits 0. What should the door tag say if it was a true option delete. I know that is kinda of a stupid question i just want to make sure. Thanks guys.
    Here are some comp prep firewall pics. The first is what it should look like as it came from the factory. The second shows the lack of AC compressor and all lines etc. The third shows an example of what dealers did when they installed AC after the SVO was delivered.

Also just to make sure we're all together here the character "0" is a zero and not the letter O. The only letters in a SVO VIN are FABP, T, and either EF, FF, or GF depending on if it is an 84, 85, 85.5 ( both FF ), or an 86. The rest are numbers / digits.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1976.JPG   IMG_1977.JPG   IMG_1595.JPG  

Thanks for the great pics. What does the O mean in this vin# IFABP28T0EF122057? This particular car has the the two missing inner vents. No power locks or windows. I think that this is a comp prep car, even though i don't have the window sticker. Thanks Ken and Pat for all of your help.

SVO's: 841C,862R,841Ettop
    As Pat states the "0" is a check digit. All Vin's have them and they are different. two of my 84's have 3 as the check digit. My 86 has a 5 I believe.

From what I know, the number doesn't actually mean anything as far as information about the vehicle goes.

the well known PIA VIN guy Ken Potter's Avatar
    SVO's: 84,85,85.5,86x2
    Yes check digits are 0 ( zero ) 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and X for ten.

My original 85.5 2R is 1FABP28TXFF244247.

SVO's: 86-1C & 86-1E
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalminator View Post
    Thanks for the great pics. What does the O mean in this vin# IFABP28T0EF122057? This particular car has the the two missing inner vents. No power locks or windows. I think that this is a comp prep car, even though i don't have the window sticker. Thanks Ken and Pat for all of your help.
    www.svoca.com/registry
    vin decode.......
    Eric C
    SVOCA Webmaster

Yea i checked out the vin decode on this website trying to figure out what the 0 meant, but i didn't give any use full information about it the check digit. Thanks again.

More interesting CP information

http://www.mustangmonthly.com/featur...hatchback.html

This is a right up on Daniel Carpenters 85.5 Com Prep. It like Ken Potters Comp Prep was ordered with a single rear spoiler but delivered with the dual spoiler. Interesting!!!!!! Here is the right up from Mustang Monthly.

The Mustang parts reproducer almost passed on his next car because it didn't fit the traditional 5.0-liter musclecar profile of the rest of his collection. He heard about an '8511/42 SVO with 380 miles, black with the Competition Prep (delete to you and me) package. It was ordered by a performance enthusiast whose 10-car garage was nicer than most living rooms and kept its inventory dry and protected. He specified the SVO be built without the optional dual-plane rear wing-a request reflected in the window sticker-but when delivered, it featured the trademark spoiler. Perhaps it was this disappointment that led him to eventually sell it.
    Kendal Coker