Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 117

Thread: comp prep cars

  
  1. #16
    OVER-BOOST!! Rob Hughes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Long Island NY
    Posts
    869
    SVO's: 86 2r Comp Prep
    I keep coming back to this thread hoping to find out more about comp prep cars, but all I see is bickering...maybe the moderators could rename it so I don't get my hopes up too much.

  2. #17
    Boosted
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    great falls,mt
    Posts
    1,029

    comp prep cars

    to all who read and have read this thread. with the exception of svo pilot- i am sorry that i felt the need to set the record STRAIGHT.
    i continue to stand by original statements both about david larocque and my response to svo pilot. however i refuse to be maligned by an AH who does not know me or very little about me.
    i have made my statement to and about svopilot. as far as i am concerned those of you who have corresponded with me and have done business with me know who and what i am! unless i am provoked again i consider this thread closed and would appreciate the start of another thread concerning appropriate information on COMP PREP CARS.
    THANKS
    BOB

  3. #18
    Administrator SVOeric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Richmond, KY
    Posts
    12,843
    SVO's: 86-1C & 86-1E
    You guys can bicker all you want, it doesn't make any difference.


    the info povided is -- for the lack of a better term -- bunk --

    I can pull the same info from our registry-- but it means absoloutly squat..

    all anyone is doing is guessing on numbers, it don't even have anything to do with lack of integrity of DL -- all he has is a list of cars that have been registered--- there are way more unregistered cars than registered.
    Eric C
    SVOCA Webmaster

  4. #19
    16 PSI Boost punchit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    glendale/phoenix(phoenix is less than a 1/4 mile from house, arizona
    Posts
    100
    so how can you tell if your svo is "comp prep" i know mine isnt but i just wanted to find out how bacause i have seen a couple out there (svos). And whats all the different names like the 2r i dont understand what that means please clarify thanx
    1986 clean black svo

  5. #20
    the well known PIA VIN guy Ken Potter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Woodstock, Georgia
    Posts
    7,602
    SVO's: 84,85,85.5,86x2
    Sorry.
    Last edited by Ken Potter; 09-16-2005 at 11:52 AM.

  6. #21
    OVER-BOOST!! Kendal Coker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Decatur Alabama
    Posts
    1,066
    A search can be done on comp preps to get all of the details.
    Later Kendal
    Last edited by Kendal Coker; 09-16-2005 at 12:51 PM.
    Kendal Coker

  7. #22
    12 PSI Boost
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Reardan, Washington
    Posts
    42
    SVO's: 86 9L Comp Prep
    Disregarding the DL fans and those people who have managed to get ONE article posted in a marginal newsletter here are a couple of "comp prep" tidbits.

    Inside the drivers side door is a sticker, comp prep cars have a different spring code than standard SVO's. I believe it is "GGRR" with "HHRR" being the standard code. In theory, this is the only sticker attached to the car that indicates a comp prep.

    The window sticker would have option "41C" and a credit for about $1457.00 dollars. Since almost nobody seems to have their window sticker this may not be helpful.

    I called Ford and got a vin number breakdown letter several years ago. I can recall exactly what they wrote but it was not a firm listing of 41C.

    Mine has leather, I've seen one comp prep with dealer installed a/c. I've seen one with no hood liner from the factory and some other sound deadening missing. I have no looked at mine in a while but the engine build sticker on the timing belt cover has a code for no a/c as well.

    Adding all three years together there seem to be 128 total for model years 85, 85.5 and 86 with about 87 in 1986. There are no 1984 comp prep cars, as they could be ordered with any combination of accessories.
    Last edited by svopilot; 02-26-2006 at 03:42 PM.

  8. #23
    OVER-BOOST!! Rob Hughes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Long Island NY
    Posts
    869
    SVO's: 86 2r Comp Prep
    My Comp Prep has dealer installed AC and factory installed power windows and locks.
    Rob Hughes
    86 2r Comp Prep mistake

  9. #24
    OVER-BOOST!! Kendal Coker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Decatur Alabama
    Posts
    1,066
    Quote Originally Posted by svopilot
    Disregarding the DL fans and those people who have managed to get ONE article posted in a marginal newsletter here are a couple of "comp prep" tidbits.

    Inside the drivers side door is a sticker, comp prep cars have a different spring code than standard SVO's. I believe it is "GGRR" with "HHRR" being the standard code. In theory, this is the only sticker attached to the car that indicates a comp prep.

    The window sticker would have option "41C" and a credit for about $1457.00 dollars. Since almost nobody seems to have their window sticker this may not be helpful.

    I called Ford and got a vin number breakdown letter several years ago. I can recall exactly what they wrote but it was not a firm listing of 41C.

    Mine has leather, I've seen one comp prep with dealer installed a/c. I've seen one with no hood liner from the factory and some other sound deadening missing. I have no looked at mine in a while but the engine build sticker on the timing belt cover has a code for no a/c as well.

    Adding all three years together there seem to be 128 total for model years 85, 85.5 and 86 with about 87 in 1986. There are no 1984 comp prep cars, as they could be ordered with any combination of accessories.
    You are a little behind, there are several documented 84 comp preps. I have an 84 comp prep and I also have 4 others, a 85, 85.5 and two 86's. Two of mine have leather and one has a factory sunroof. You might try doing a search and you will find a picture of a window sticker from a 84 comp prep owned by Rich Jorgenson in California. I also have an early 84 without air too. Around here we call it an option delete. The 85 and 86's also have a (Y) on the door data sticker for radio delete.
    Last edited by Kendal Coker; 02-26-2006 at 05:10 PM.
    Kendal Coker

  10. #25
    14 PSI Boost Robert M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Sunny Fla.
    Posts
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by svopilot
    The window sticker would have option "41C" and a credit for about $1457.00 dollars. Since almost nobody seems to have their window sticker this may not be helpful.

    I called Ford and got a vin number breakdown letter several years ago. I can recall exactly what they wrote but it was not a firm listing of 41C.

    Mine has leather, I've seen one comp prep with dealer installed a/c. I've seen one with no hood liner from the factory and some other sound deadening missing. I have no looked at mine in a while but the engine build sticker on the timing belt cover has a code for no a/c as well.

    Adding all three years together there seem to be 128 total for model years 85, 85.5 and 86 with about 87 in 1986. There are no 1984 comp prep cars, as they could be ordered with any combination of accessories.
    The 86 CP that will be delivered to my house this weekend still has its original window sticker and all associated paperwork from its original sale, if anyone needs original 86 CP Ford paperwork info. I have a scan of the original window sticker if anyone needs to see the "option" area, both standard and delete listings.

    R
    Last edited by Robert M; 02-27-2006 at 09:43 PM.
    SVO-86CP (1D)
    SVT-93R, 95R, 00R & 95 2-Top

  11. #26
    OVER-BOOST!! Rob Hughes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Long Island NY
    Posts
    869
    SVO's: 86 2r Comp Prep
    Please post it up...
    Rob Hughes
    86 2r Comp Prep mistake

  12. #27
    Max BOOST! Philc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    497
    SVO's: 85.5, 86, 84 conv gt
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert M
    The 86 CP that will be delivered to my house this weekend still has its original window sticker and all associated paperwork from its original sale, if anyone needs original 86 CP Ford paperwork info. I have a scan of the original window sticker if anyone needs to see the "option" area, both standard and delete listings.

    R
    Robert- I would be interested in seeing the window sticker too- sounds like you have one very well documented car-

    mine came with dealer installed A/C- I ripped it out as it diddn't work, and I diddn't want it.
    '86 SVO (9L) SCCA autox car, "Sneezy"
    '86 SVO (4E Leather comp-prep) "Kermit"
    SOLD- Krusty.
    '67 351w mustang coupe "Beastie", '65 mustang EFI conversion "shifty"
    '89 xr4ti- got new everything. "white piece of crap"

  13. #28
    18 PSI Boost mustangjohnny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Layton, Utah
    Posts
    317
    SVO's: 84 1E,85 2R, 85.5 9L
    Back on topic

    Have not checked this thread for a while, and I am way glad to see it talking about Comp Preps instead of hashing and bashing!!!!!!!!
    Long live Comp Preps!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Johnny
    841E 85.59L int DSO-sold
    85 2R comprep-gone south

  14. #29
    14 PSI Boost Robert M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Sunny Fla.
    Posts
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Hughes
    Please post it up...
    How can I add the picture of my window sticker to this post? I was able to add attachments at one point, but now I am not allowed???

    R
    SVO-86CP (1D)
    SVT-93R, 95R, 00R & 95 2-Top

  15. #30
    14 PSI Boost Robert M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Sunny Fla.
    Posts
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by Philc
    Robert- I would be interested in seeing the window sticker too- sounds like you have one very well documented car-

    mine came with dealer installed A/C- I ripped it out as it diddn't work, and I diddn't want it.
    Mine did not come with factory mistakes, but it is an original owner/19K original mile car. The owner kept most, if not all of the paperwork on this car down to the original dealer salesmans business card. I will know more Saturday, Yippie!!

    R
    SVO-86CP (1D)
    SVT-93R, 95R, 00R & 95 2-Top

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •