Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    It's been 5 years since my last reunion visit and I hope to make next years as well. It was great to see everyone and match screen names with faces at this year's reunion. Thanks to SVOCA for putting on the events. The garbage can roller race was classic and hilarious. Pat wiping out after the rail slide down the hospitality room exit into the bushes while not spilling a drop of his drink was friggin funny. Bud, Gator & Don were on fire this year with the comments.
    Victor
    SVOless
    01 QS Z06 450hp/412tq 11.58@122.86
    My SVO Website

SVO's: 86 2R, 84 9W,85 4E

Road Kill?

Bud.. you're killin' me.. I should have learned by now not to read your posts with a full mouth of coffee... I'm still wiping off the keyboard..

That picture was too cool for school! I didn't realize I had that many chins. I'm glad I provided some comedic relief for everyone from the Northeast contingent. The entire thing was a hoot! Actually I found out that Dana loaded his Weber grill into my truck for transportation, but you know what they say.."possession is nine-tenths of the law" and speaking of possession, I'm glad I saved that road alligator to fry up later.. c'mon on..
    86' 2R Original Owner "Project Originale"; 86' 2R "Project Bolo" 84' 9W "Project Bondo"; 86 2R "Project Evil" (GONE!); 90' 5.0 LX Vert; 98 Dodge Neon ACR Track Car; 05 SRT-4 ACR! ---"Real tomato ketchup Eddie?"

SVO's: Several
    Originally posted by SVOVET
    Pat wiping out after the rail slide down the hospitality room exit into the bushes while not spilling a drop of his drink was friggin funny. .
    I have no recollection at all of that occurring and I see no photo evidence. Therefore it never happened. I will however take credit for not spilling a drop.

As far as the "I'm not driving" quote goes, the second part was left out: "I'm the designated drunk!"

Director, and Idiot Savant Gator's Avatar
    Originally posted by Pat_in_L.A.
    I have no recollection at all of that occurring and I see no photo evidence. Therefore it never happened. I will however take credit for not spilling a drop.
    I do believe that is one of the greatest things I have ever read on this board, period.

SVO's: 2 - 9Ls
    I had a blast! It was great meeting everyone and putting faces with screen names. Everyone who attended now knows why I call my daily driver the "Road Warrior". Even the guy at the pre-start for Auto-X was making fun. "You didn't drive that all the way from California did you"? Does the AC still work? How many miles did you say?

The good thing about the "Road Warrior" is that when the silly girl in Tenn. backed into it at the gas station, I could't tell it. And when Bud's car spit a road gator at me on the way home, it only added a little more color to the mix, nothing a little Super Clean can get rid of.

Gator is Drew Carey's little brother. And it is a toss up who has the quickest wit, Gator or Don Bishop. Funny stuff.

Kiwi and JayG, thanks for the beers and music.

See ya next year!
    Mike S

'86 SVO 9L Leather
    '86 SVO 9L Road Warrior
    '96 300ZXTT

SVO's: 1C, 9L & 85GT

Arrow Gator, Miller & myself on turn 1 AutoX...

....as Rick Singer is rolling/ "Damn Singers car sounds good"- Gator- 'Yeah you're right'- me~ 'Crap, I will prolly change exhaust again'/ 'Remind me to look at that'..........You're welcome Mike!
    1 Modded, 1 Not

SVO's: 85 2A Mild mods
    Funny, most of the "what exhaust is best for SVO's, etc... discusions used to lead to "flowmasters suck" comments...
    I personally like my MAC 3" sound, but didn't hear Ricks much, as he was too far ahead of me on the drive home.
    If it ain't broke... Give me some time!

SVO's: IIA2RIAS - 86 2R

too far ahead

yeah Dave you were suckin the wind from our Bi plane spoiler... could you feel the turbulance ??? hehhehe ... Rick's car does sound different....
    86 2R: 14/NOV/1985 #7606 deSkittled in SEP 2003

SVO's: 86 2R, 84 9W,85 4E

Things overheard at the 04 Reunion

"Hey Rich... My door won't unlock now...the key's just-a spinn' Any idea what that might be all about?? Got a coat hanger -or- a tree branch?"

"Oh, my friggin finger's bleedin' again... got any teflon tape Joe P?"

"GABoySVO...did you get those hose clamps tight? Heck...I thought you did.." no matter.... you got a trailer..."
    86' 2R Original Owner "Project Originale"; 86' 2R "Project Bolo" 84' 9W "Project Bondo"; 86 2R "Project Evil" (GONE!); 90' 5.0 LX Vert; 98 Dodge Neon ACR Track Car; 05 SRT-4 ACR! ---"Real tomato ketchup Eddie?"

SVO's: 1986 2r 84 2a

Re: Gator, Miller & myself on turn 1 AutoX...

Originally posted by kiwi
    ....as Rick Singer is rolling/ "Damn Singers car sounds good"- Gator- 'Yeah you're right'- me~ 'Crap, I will prolly change exhaust again'/ 'Remind me to look at that'..........You're welcome Mike!
    Gator my car has the stock down pipe no converter two flowmasters # 42443 AND STOCK TAIL PIPES. .I had alot of people what kind of exhaust i had on the car.

SVO's: IIA2RIAS - 86 2R

fart mufflers

just fess up Deerman.. those were Fart Mufflers that you and I stole off of some rice rockets on one our trips to try and find Bonami at Kroger or Wally World..........
    86 2R: 14/NOV/1985 #7606 deSkittled in SEP 2003

SVO's: 84 slapper, 85 Hertz
    What a great reunion! Had a blast as usual. Met some new friends and hung out with some of the gang from last year. Everyones cars looked and ran great. Scored some killer new parts from Tony(US Marine), robw & Victor. The show and shine was awsome...I actually got to participate this year..LOL. Any way cant wait till next year. Btw I managed to get all four wheels and tires that I switched out in the back of the SVO along with all our baggage and speacker box. The only thing was I had to just about sit on the dash for the drive home stitting straight up and down, kinda like sitting in church for 5 hours..LOL.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img_0254.jpg  
    Last edited by jayG; 10-22-2004 at 09:16 PM.
    "Team Cobra Kai"

SVO's: Several

Junk in the trunk

(No, none of it is junk)

I'm cleaning up the exterior after my trip but I'm holding off unloading all my souvenirs untill Eyelawdoc can participate.

We'll treat this like opening up a time capsule of the event. I have a story for him of each of the folks who are the sources of every part.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hatch.jpg  

SVO's: 1C, 9L & 85GT

jayG

picture in front of the 'otel does no justice.......he was up against the wheel.....LOL......Nice pimpin' rims!!
    1 Modded, 1 Not

SVO's: 86 1C
    My first reunion, hopefully not my last. Had a great time. Thanks to the directors and Eric for putting this together. I'm already wishing it was last firday all over again.....

Joe Turbo
    86 SVO 1C